We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cafe Matisse prices?

nj
Level Contributor
672 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cafe Matisse prices?

Heading to Atlantis next week to celebrate my parents' birthdays. Made a reservation at Cafe Martinique b/c the old venue holds happy memories for us. Thinking now we might want to try something new and not worry about being disappointed (comparing old place to new one, etc.)

Wondering about prices at Cafe Matisse as they are not listed on website. What can they be compared to at Atlantis? Would love some feedback if anyone knows. Thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
750 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Cafe Matisse prices?

Dinner menu is here:

http://www.cafe-matisse.com/menu.php

Prices, for what you get, are far more reasonable for the same caliber food at Atlantis. Matisse is a great restaurant and you should give it a shot. It costs what it costs but is cheaper than high end places at Atlantis. They do add the 15% gratuity just like Atlantis does.

If you are looking for really good but cheap eats in Nassau, the Fish Fry is the place.

I do however highly recommend Cafe Matisse. Luciano's as well. Remember to add about $25 total because you are taking a cab to and from Atlantis to downtown Nassau where Matisse and Luciano's are located.

As for Matisse, IIRC, my wife and I spent about $200 for dinner with a $50 bottle of wine. Maybe $225, not sure.

If you are looking for good but "cheaper" eats away from Atlantis, then the Fish Fry might be a good option for you. Happy eating.

nj
Level Contributor
672 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cafe Matisse prices?

Thank you so much!

North Fort Myers...
Level Contributor
1,457 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cafe Matisse prices?

It just feels so wrong to go to the Bahamas and spend that much money for Italian food. I'd much rather have Italian food in NY or NJ, and at that price point, I'd be getting better food than anything available in the Bahamas. If you're on vacation for a week or 2 in the Bahamas, experience the Bahamian food. We once paid a large amount of money for sushi at a restaurant in the Abacos. The locals raved about it and you needed to get there early because it was only available one night a week and it always sold out. It was worse than any sushi you would find in Florida, at 3 times the price.

Boston...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cafe Matisse prices?

Loved lucianos and cate Matisse. Prices were a bit cheaper then Atlantis prices. Sit outside at Lucianos...overlooks Marina. The garden at cate Matisse is nice too.

toronto
Level Contributor
397 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cafe Matisse prices?

We have been making a yearly visit to Café Matisse since they opened in the mid 90`s, and have never been disappointed,our favorite is the fried calamari and chili jam, and the hog fish.. Cheers Dan

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
750 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Cafe Matisse prices?

When I had the mixed seafood grill for dinner at Matisse, it was supposed to have Grouper on it, but I told our waiter that I really wanted to try their Hogfish entree. He said no problem, they'll put the Hogfish on the mixed seafood grill instead of the grouper. They were very accommodating. Win win. Again, highly recommend Cafe Matisse.

toronto
Level Contributor
397 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cafe Matisse prices?

Reeflover, you make a good point,a great restaurant never has a problem in accommodating a request from the kitchen. Cheers Dan

8. Re: Cafe Matisse prices?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 02, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island