We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room safes

NY
Level Contributor
121 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Room safes

When you rent a room safe, how big are they and do they allow you to choose your own combinations or is it by key that no one else has access to?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Room safes

Any room safe is not "safe", there is always a master key and/or combination. Further, they are easily picked. Nonetheless, still safer than leaving valuables out in the open

NY
Level Contributor
121 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Room safes

What about locking things in the suitcases?

atlanta
Level Contributor
454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Room safes

I can only speak for the cove and royal towers but the room safes there are electronic and you pick your own code. the safes are big enough that I put my small laptop computer (14" screen) in easily. I have been to Atlantis 10+ times and have always put cash, jewelry computer etc in the safe without any problems. Much safer than locking them in luggage IMO.

4. Re: Room safes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 16, 2015