We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harborside

Stoystown...
3 posts
Save Topic
Harborside

Hi, this will be our first visit to Atlantis. We are staying at Harborside. I have a few questions...

Is there anything included at Harborside like dish detergent, dish washer detergent, soap, hand soap, shampoo/conditioner garbage bags or anything like that, or do I need to pack/purchase all of those items? Secondly, it will be our wedding anniversary while there and I would like to treat the hubby to a nice dinner, thoughts on Mesa or another place? We have two children that I would like to take to the kids club while we enjoy an evening out together. They are 9 & 7. Thoughts on the kids club? Also, the dolphin swim and also snorkeling are on my kids wish lists of things to do. What has your experiences of these things been like there? Do we need water shoes? Also, what do you do with your room key, credit card, phone or camera while you are at the pool/slides? Is it safe at the chairs or is theft common? That's all that I can think of for now, but please comment if you have any input for me! Thanks!,,

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Harborside

"Is there anything included at Harborside like dish detergent, dish washer detergent, soap, hand soap, shampoo/conditioner garbage bags or anything like that, or do I need to pack/purchase all of those items?"

Yes, room will come supplied with these things, but not a week's supply. If you pay for any extra cleaning, these things will be replenished. There's a small sundry shop in the lobby that has supplies like this if you run out.

"treat the hubby to a nice dinner"

Many people have Mesa as a favorite....take a look on this message board and you'll see many discussions of nice/favorites.

"Thoughts on the kids club?"

Awesome, they'll love it. Kids usually want to go back again and again.

"what do you do with your room key, credit card, phone or camera while you are at the pool/slides? Is it safe at the chairs or is theft common? "

We only bring our room key. Theft not that common, but not unusual. When we bring our camera, its one we wouldn't be upset to lose, and keep it in a bag or piece of clothing out of sight. Take a vacation and leave the phone in your room safe.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,594 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Harborside

At the Hospitality Center near the newer Power Tower there are lockers for rent to store your valuables while on the slides or swimming. You can use your room card to rent them and obviously make other purchases in the water park as it is room card or credit card only.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harborside

If you are booking Harborside via the Atlantis, you will get daily housecleaning service and they will replenish items upon request. If you are an owner or booking thru a owner, you will only get a mid week cleaning.

I Have booked both ways, and the time that I went thru an owner, I was able to schedule extra cleanings for a fee. I honestly cannot remember the cost, but I don't remember it being too drastic.

Ocean View, Delaware
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Harborside

I have always asked for more supplies and always get them without a problem--hopefully you booked through a site other than the hotel which avoids the 20% add ons (taxes/energy etc.

My grandchildren love the clubs and have been going for years.

I would suggest you pack washer sheets because they don't seem to replenish that--I also bring a suitcase full of snacks==we are coffee drinkers so I bring that as well as cereal for breakfast--staying at Harborside is definitely a help for meals--we bring our lunch to the pool area so we only do dinner out.

If you are going during a busy time make sure to make any dinner reservations in advance if you can.

Your children are the perfect age and will love it!

If your children have snorkel gear I would bring it--they will give you a vest for free to use in the lagoon but you will need to pay for the snorkel==

We also love going to the movies which are in the Coral Tower.

If you have any other questions ask away!

Edited: 8:38 am, April 11, 2014
5. Re: Harborside

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 13, 2015