We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When is the best time to visit?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
219 posts
5 reviews
When is the best time to visit?

We are a 30-40 yr old couple

No Kids

Like a relaxed atmosphere love the water and would like to go snorkeling.

Trying to convince the hubby to ditch the Hawaii idea. :O)

Vancouver,B.C.
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
44 reviews
1. Re: When is the best time to visit?

My opinion...Late September. Water still warm. Kids are mostly in school. Rates are lowesr of the year .Only the hurricane threat is the downside.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
219 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: When is the best time to visit?

When is hurricane season?

gb
Level Contributor
302 posts
3. Re: When is the best time to visit?

start of June till end of november.

Orillia, Ontario
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
21 reviews
4. Re: When is the best time to visit?

We have found that the best weather in the Bahamas is in MAY !

It is hot but not too hot - no bugs - not much humidity.

Orillia, Ontario
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
21 reviews
5. Re: When is the best time to visit?

We have found that the best weather in the Bahamas is in MAY !

It is hot but not too hot - no bugs - not much humidity.

Bahamas
Level Contributor
935 posts
6. Re: When is the best time to visit?

September, I think, is one of the worst months here. (sorry about that, I'm not very fond of October either )~ in addition to possible hurricanes, the humidity is guaranteed to be very high.

Although it can be rainy, May, as mentioned can be very beautiful. I also like it after mid-November. The waters aren't soupy warm, as during the summer months, but very refreshing. Since you like snorkeling you may want to take that into account.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
270 posts
23 reviews
7. Re: When is the best time to visit?

My husband and I went in June and the weather was wonderful. I agree with the recommendation for May, though, in the Bahamas. The rates drop in May and the crowds slow down. The weather is still good, the water is warm and pleasant, and there is no threat of a hurricane.

As for Hawaii, well ... I've been to both Hawaii (Oahu/Kauai) and the Bahamas (Harbour Island/Paradise Island). It's like comparing the good with the good. You can't go wrong. Hawaii has some amazing snorkeling beaches like Hanauma Bay in Oahu. But the Bahama's water is so crystal clear it could pass for drinking water. If your husband doesn't change his mind, you'll love it regardless.

Hawaii is GREAT in September. The weather is beautiful and the beaches are incredibly swimmable with calm shores and soft, pleasant waves. It's a perfect time of year to go.

Nothing against the Bahamas, but if you are considering Nassau/New Providence over the Hawaii islands, please rethink it. Nothing against Nassau, but it just doesn't compare to the beauty of Hawaii or it's beaches. If you are thinking about any of the other areas of the Bahamas (Out Islands/Paradise Island), it is a tossup depending on what you are interested in. Pink Sands Beach in Harbour Islands blows any beach in Hawaii away! It's a must see once in a person's lifetime! Absolute perfection!

Virginia
Level Contributor
44 posts
13 reviews
8. Re: When is the best time to visit?

My boyfriend and I are planning a long over due vacation to Atlantis this fall. We are trying to decide between going in Sept. or Oct. Is that just a bad time because of the threat of hurricanes or is it something else. Any suggestions on which of these two months and time of month would be best?

Orillia, Ontario
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
21 reviews
9. Re: When is the best time to visit?

Sunflower

October is better - we often go then (and will this year too) and have never had a hurricane.

Virginia
Level Contributor
44 posts
13 reviews
10. Re: When is the best time to visit?

Thank you!