We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WiFi at Harborside and airport

San Diego...
Level Contributor
75 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
WiFi at Harborside and airport

Flew back from Nassua yesterday afternoon. Stayed a week at Harborside. Arrived on Saturday February 1.

On February 1, when I flew in, I waited at airport for family members coming on later flight. Tried to use the available WiFi at the airport. It is a free service that is supported by advertising from various tours and hotels on the island. Service was spotty and I could not stay logged in on either phone. I could stay logged on long enough to send and receive email but that was it.

When I departed on February 8, the service was rock solid, fast enough to allow for Skype non video phone calls and virtually trouble free. What a difference a week made.

Harborside and Atlantis have upgraded their wifi service resort wide. The service is $21.95 a day and there is NO discount for signing up for longer periods. I tested it at various times of the day and was consistently getting 5 megs per sec up and down. A niece had an ipad and watched Netflix movies anytime she wanted. The staff told me that people had been having problems in the prior week, but I think it was an island wide problem after talking with some BTC and JazzTel people. Apparently New Providence Island had an island wide power outage 2 times in the prior week that lasted 12 hours each time.

Bottom line, the infrastructure is in place for good wifi, but the system can be spotty if a major problem is occurring island wide.

John

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,208 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: WiFi at Harborside and airport

Thanks for the update. As an alternative to the steep daily WIFI costs at Atlantis, visitors can stay at Comfort Suites where guests there enjoy free Hi-Speed WIFI Internet access in all rooms in addition to access to all the amenities at Atlantis as guests there enjoy.

Ocean View, Delaware
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
1,771 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: WiFi at Harborside and airport

Glad to hear it is working better--we were there over New Years and it was very spotty--as of that time they did have a discount for multiple days or a week so that be something new for this year. Comfort suites works for some folks but many of the rooms at Harborside will sleep 5 which Comfort Suites won't allow 5 in a room--- and I LOVE having bedrooms plus a living and dining room. Just make sure to try to rent there without going through Atlantis to avoid the 20% add ons--which you won't pay if you rent through an owner or other non Atlantis site.

Edited: 8:14 am, February 10, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
174 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: WiFi at Harborside and airport

How do you go about renting from a owner??

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: WiFi at Harborside and airport

Check out redweek.com or vrbo.com. Lots available. Compare pricing to atlantis.com, and it's pretty consistently cheaper.

5. Re: WiFi at Harborside and airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, February 13, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island