We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My trip report

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
37 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
My trip report

We reached the Bahamas on the 23rd of December. Our flight got delayed so we reached at midnight.

The Harbor side Resort staff was very friendly .Our bed room villa was very neat on the ground floor in building 1. The bathroom had a nice Jacuzzi tub. The Point restaurant that was next to the swimming pool was good .We went to the Paradise Island Village for detergent, milk, and water.

On December 24th my son swam with the Dolphins in Blue Lagoon. We ate lunch and enjoyed there. The next day we went to Atlantis. None of the rides were scary, and my son thought they advertised smartly.

I liked the predator Lagoon and the beaches. We watched a movie in the Atlantis Theater.

Thursday we went to Solomon’s grocery store. Everything there was fresh and later we walked on the beaches and took photos. In Atlantis we watched the Dig and Dolphin cove and also sea turtles.

Friday we went to Exumas on power boat. They did 10 minutes stop for feeding Iguanas. My son and husband fed sting rays. We watched our guide feed the sharks. My son went snorkeling. It is a guided tour (I do not remember their names) we ate lunch and relaxed on the beach. My husband swam for a while. Someone made us conch shell salad in front of us. He gave my son and others the empty shell. I cleaned it thoroughly and put it in the balcony for drying.

Our plan was to go to the Zoo and museums on Saturday and go to Sandy toes on Sunday, but apparently Sandy toes was booked up on Sunday, and we had 1 hr to make a reservation on Saturday. We decided to go on Saturday itself and hurriedly got our son and went with a small group. We all enjoyed snorkeling there. It is guided tour, his name is Morgan. My husband and son played volley ball with others and I relaxed on the beach. Lunch was good. On return trip Morgan talked about celebrity homes and history. We watched a comedy hypnotism show in Atlantis. My son could not get hypnotized, (He told me that he was so close to sleep) so he came back. He did get a nice mug though. We enjoyed the show. I watched a lot of magic shows but not this kind of shows. Now I started believing in hypnotism. We watched Junkanoo parade (very short) near Marina Village and ate there.

On Sunday, we took a ferry and went to downtown Nassau (fish fry) for lunch. One person talked about Nassau and surrounding area. We gave him a tip for the info. After walking for 10 minutes, we thought we were lost so we asked another couple for directions. They told us that they did not see any restaurants, so we turned back, but luckily someone overheard us and came and told us that we had to keep walking for a few more minutes. He told us that he was born in Nassau, but he likes Vancouver, Canada because of humidity in Nassau. He also gave us helpful suggestions on what to eat. We ate at a place called Goldie’s. My son and husband ordered Conch fritters for appetizer. I ate Jerk chicken and a salad for lunch. Afterwards, we took a taxi back and took a nap and then went to Atlantis. In the evening, we walked the Paradise Island Bridge.

On Monday, we called the same taxi driver who dropped us from the airport. We talked about education system, restaurants and politics etc. I did some shopping at the airport and we ate lunch there.

I recommend bringing one wide brim hat with a chin strap and an underwater camera if possible. My husband had to hold his hat for the power boat trip.

I could not think of one thing that I did not enjoy about this trip. We had an awesome trip that lasted for whole winter. I will definitely come back for the Harbor and Abaco Islands and stay in down town Nassau for a day or two.

We reached O’Hare around 5:30 pm on December 30th.The change from 80 degrees to 8 degrees made me wish I was back in Bahamas.

Thank you, everyone, for all the advice given to me!

Belleville, Ontario
Level Contributor
625 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My trip report

Thanks for taking the time post. Enjoyed hearing about all your fun and remembering our trip!!

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,669 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My trip report

thanks for the report, glad you enjoyed :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
733 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: My trip report

What a great report. Thank you.

4. Re: My trip report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:06 pm, January 14, 2014
5. Re: My trip report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 16, 2015