We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant for birthday dinner

Buffalo, new york
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Topic
restaurant for birthday dinner

Hi could anyone recommend a good restaurant for 16 people for my husbands 50th birthday dinner. It doesn't have to be on site just want a great restaurant with good wine and a fun ambiance. Was thinking maybe luciannos but we are going in january and I dont know if it will be warm enough for outside. Any ideas would be helpful. We are staying at the cove. Thanks

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurant for birthday dinner

Welcome to the P.I. Forums - and a Happy (early) Birthday to your husband!

I think Luciano's is a good choice. If it's not warm enough to sit outside, well, it's an old Bahamian home and the indoor seating is lovely. There are various rooms - perhaps you could even have your own private room. Their molten chocolate cake desserts are very good, they are individual servings, and I'm sure you could have them do a whole birthday cake for you, or 'make' a cake out of the molten cakes :)

Another suggestion is Café Matisse, which is about a 5 min. drive further than Luciano's, and which also has indoor and outdoor seating, as well as being in a lovely old Bahamian home. They have heaters in their courtyard when it's cool. They have a double choc mousse cake that is wonderful, and if you call ahead they will serve it to you as an entire cake, and decorate it/write on it.

Make sure where you're going is open the night you want; I think Matisse closes on Sun and Mon.

Edited: 10:16 pm, December 10, 2013
Buffalo, new york
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurant for birthday dinner

I love Cafe mattisse but we are doing the dinner on a monday night and they are closes. Have you dines at either dune or courtyard terrace lately??

Buffalo, new york
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurant for birthday dinner

Wow sorry for the bad spelling Have you dined at Dune or Courtyard Terrace

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurant for birthday dinner

I think either is a good choice!

I haven't been to Courtyard Terrace for a while - Feb? can't remember what I had, but I'd remember if it wasn't good! Also, ate at Dune in the summer, coincidentally for a birthday party. I tried someone's grouper (very good!), and really enjoyed my tuna ribbons, and seared lamb. They also do beautiful birthday cakes - we had a mousse cake with fresh berries on top that was delicious. Am looking forward to hearing where you choose!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
722 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurant for birthday dinner

can you take in your own cakes to Dune?

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurant for birthday dinner

I'd think so. You might call (242-363-2501 for Ocean Club) and double check, but have taken cakes to restaurants many times here and it always has been fine.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,424 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: restaurant for birthday dinner

I have read here that Atlantis does not allow outside birthday cakes. You should call the Ocean Club as their policy may be the same.

R G
Marietta, Georgia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: restaurant for birthday dinner

Hi, could someone recommend a great restaurant for about 20 people to celebrate my 50th birthday next month (February). I want nice restaurant with great food, good wine and a nice ambiance.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: restaurant for birthday dinner

Hi RG - Welcome to the TA Forums!

Mahogany House, on Western New Providence. Or a private room upstairs at Luciano's.

Have a Great Birthday!

Westchester County
Level Contributor
650 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: restaurant for birthday dinner

Café Martinique in the Marina Village. Very expensive but good food and ambiance.