We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite restaurant?

Elgin, IL
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Favorite restaurant?

Which upscale pricey restaurant was your favorite?

And which reasonably priced restaurant was your favorite? on PI or Nassua.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,518 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Favorite restaurant?

High End --

On Paradise Island - Cafe Martinique

In Nassau - Graycliffs or Cafe Matisse

Reasonable --

On Paradise Island -- any of the buffets at Atlantis, Green Parrot

In Nassau -- Poop Deck (East), Ichiban, Cappriccio's, Cafe West

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
55 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favorite restaurant?

Anthony's Grill on Paradise Island across from Atlantis is quite reasonable.

Very reasonable and fairly decent sushi is at Seafront Sushi not far from the bridge.

I wouldn't recommend the Poop Deck -- way too expensive for what you get. It used to get all of the celebrities, but it is quite dated. If they are not serving fresh fish off their ice table, it all comes from the freezer and is quite underwhelming.

Ichiban is quite good. They have better sushi than Seafront, but their prices are better too. One of the best places to eat is Cafe Matisse. Their stone crab appetizers are best that I have ever tasted anywhere (@$20 a shot they are worth it). Never disappointed at Cafe Matisse, even though the owner is dressed in jeans. (The waiters are all dressed in black and white).

Graycliff Restaurant is FABULOUS. They have a $40 table d'hote which is a carnivore dream. They have a quarter of million bottles of wine in their cellars.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,536 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Favorite restaurant?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147417-i131-k5200…

here's a post from last year with prices of buffets at Atlantis, I wouldn't call them reasonable...lol

I agree with Anthony's being a good choice for reasonable :)

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,518 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Favorite restaurant?

One person's reasonable is another person's pricy -- I guess living here for so many years has upset my sense of "cheap eats"! For what you get, I find the buffets and excellent option for everyone -- especially if you go in a group and can't decide what kind of food everyone wants. I completely disagree with the assessment of Poop Deck (east) -- I've always had fresh food there and again find the prices very reasonable for what you get. To add a few others -- Cricket Club, not great ambiance, but good freshly made food with great local breakfast as well as made from scratch steak and ale or chicken pot pies. Very reasonable and opposite Arawak Fish Fry. Speaking of fish fry, try Curly's or Anchor for fresh local seafood. For smaller (and less expensive option) choose the "snack" size rather than dinner size, as the servings are ample. There are also some great local places to eat, but ones in areas I would not send the average tourist to, so I've tried to stick more to the ones geared to visitors.

5. Re: Favorite restaurant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 12, 2014