We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked for......

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
170 reviews
Save Topic
Booked for......

We are booked for dec 2014! So excited!! Now to find cheap flights for five adults....ugh. How far out can flights be booked? I've been checking out prices and funjet appears to be the cheapest. We are staying in harbor side resort.

Ocean View, Delaware
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booked for......

Probably depends where you leave from--here in DC area direct flights on airtran and usair==I hope you booked Harborside from owner/web site that rents owners units and not the hotel--there is about a 25% tax through the hotel!

Edited: 8:30 am, October 21, 2013
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booked for......

We r using my cousin's condo. We will either leave out of st Louis or atlanta.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,378 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Booked for......

Most airline web sites allow you to book flights within 11 months of your departure date. I've done this many times with United and usually book the cheapest seats. Occassionally a few months later coach seats are a little less costly.

Edited: 12:39 pm, October 21, 2013
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booked for......

Great!! I will stsrt looking after the holidays

Gretna, Louisiana
Level Contributor
30 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booked for......

Wolfie, I have a question. Thinking about going to Atlantis next year, Harborside. What is the difference between the hotel and booking with a owner. Ive read some pretty bad reviews on TA about harborside. Are the units through private owners better?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Booked for......

Did you read the good reviews too?

As of my last check of this page (tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g147417-d254427…), there were 790 ratings of excellent or very good for Harborside and 72 poor or terrible. That’s over 10 to 1 favoring the positive.

Anyway, no difference between the units booked as a hotel room and booked via an owner, unless you get a fixed week/unit owner. And all units at Harborside are generally well maintained.

Edited: 9:59 am, November 14, 2013
Kansas City
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booked for......

Book early!!! I started looking to book our December 2013 trip in March 2013 I set my computer up so I could watch airfares and Atlantis rates a couple time a day so I kept watching rates and watching and watching and watching. My thought process was... since rates for our Christmas 2012 Mexico trip were so low around Labor Day surely the rates would go down for a Labor Day sale therefore, I would book our Atlantis trip around that time. Didn't work out so well :( I paid about $1200 more in airfare than I would have if I had booked the airfare last spring (4 travelers) The best rate I found was on AirTran ON THE DAY they opened the market. Rates stayed relatively the same until end of August and then they all went up and stayed up.

I also found Atlantis rates for $99/night in March but it was only published for a very short time. If you plan to go to Atlantis around Christmas book in March or April . They were consistantly $199/night for the Royal Towers then again went steadily up. If you find lower rates later, call the reservations department at Atlantis and they will honor the lower rates. I saw posts that said it was best to wait for specials but I never did find any that were cheaper than the early posted rates.

Good luck. Enjoy the process!! I may not have found any great bargains but SO WHAT we are Atlantis bound December 21st. And hopefully someone can learn from my research. BTW Trip Advisor was a huge help.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booked for......

Too late for me to edit.... I see you are booked at Harborside. Sorry for rambling, maybe someone else can use the information!!!

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Booked for......

@Lori - liked your ramble. I book AirTran a lot and have to agree with you, I don't think I've ever seen their fares drop, just go up (and up). Indeed it is always interesting booking air fares! The more time you can spend hunting, the more likely you are to find a good deal.

BUT

@lorinjer - for December trips I'd book as soon as the fares go on sale. In my experience, for that time of year (peak peak) and especially if you aren't traveling mid-week, the fares are not going to go down.

Happy Planning!

Edited: 1:22 pm, November 19, 2013
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booked for......

We will be flying delta and I've told the earliest we can book is 11 months out so after the first of the year I will start checking every few days for us to be able to book.

I love tripadvisor!!