We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations/Words of Wisdom Atlantis/Cove

Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendations/Words of Wisdom Atlantis/Cove

We are leaving In three days for almost a week at the Cove/Atlantis. My wife, my 2 1/2 year-old and me. It looks like our child is too young for kids programs and babysitters must stay in the room. Which pool(s) or beach(es) should we go to? Is there a particular boat ride or activity that is worth it or not to be missed? If we go off property, where should we go? Any tips or tricks are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations/Words of Wisdom Atlantis/Cove

Head over to the "old' Mayan Temple Tower. There you will find a nice pool called Ripples Kid's Pool. On the other side of the tower is a nice adult pool that usually has a lot of guest on loungers surrounding it and it is called the Mayan Temple Pool.

Belleville, Ontario
Level Contributor
625 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations/Words of Wisdom Atlantis/Cove

Cove Beach is beautiful and quiet. There are covered loungers and the water is shallow and quiet good for splashing and playing in the sand. Check out restaurants in the Marina Village for cheaper eats. Go to the Plaza behind Marina Village for cheap liquor and simple groceries. There is also a Dunkin Donuts there for cheap and tasty breakfasts. You will love Atlantis. I would recommend the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter as well but your child is a little young.

Edited: 4:55 pm, October 02, 2013
Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations/Words of Wisdom Atlantis/Cove

Too bad that the baby-sitters can't leave the room. I guess they need a new type of life-guard babysitter...!!!

You might have to do a 'child swap' kind of thing if you did the dolphins, but I'd also recommend you go to Blue Lagoon - you can see/feed/swim with the dolphins, and stay for the day - they have a fun inflatable park that you and your little one would enjoy.

Or, if you prefer more of an out-island feel - I'd recommend a boat trip for the day out to Rose Island - the beaches there are just that little bit more beautiful than Paradise Beach (your beach at the Cove)...! Three nice ones are Sandy Toes, Flying Cloud and Barefoot Sailing. Email them directly and ask for a discount!

Last recommendation - Ardastra Gardens & Zoo - for a few hours one morning, check the schedule before you go - feed apple pieces to the lorries, see lots of flora & fauna, and have your photo taken while standing on one leg among the flamingos - wear pink shirts!!!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
279 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations/Words of Wisdom Atlantis/Cove

The cove pool is great for smaller kids with a zero entry section. It's a quieter section of atlantis but we did have live entertainment a few days when we were there. There is a snack stand close by and they do offer lounger service if you wish so you won't have to leave your sunny spot.

The dig would be enjoyable as well and check out the underwater dome where sharks are swimming over you! Lots to see and do. We went to the pirate museum which was fun

5. Re: Recommendations/Words of Wisdom Atlantis/Cove

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 06, 2014