We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

paradise island weather..sept/nov?

Elgin, IL
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
paradise island weather..sept/nov?

I'm planning a trip to Bahamas this year, at the Atlantis. Based on the price of flights, I will be going the last week of September or the last week of October. How is the weather during these times? Is one of these times better than the other?

Thanks for all input!!

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: paradise island weather..sept/nov?

Hot and humid. It's also the more active period of hurricane season...hence the better rates. A daily chance of thunderstorms, but not a rain out.

atlanta
Level Contributor
463 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: paradise island weather..sept/nov?

The peak of hurricane season is the first week of september so statistically your chances of a tropical storm lessen as you move later in the year from that date. Theoretically late october should be better than late september. We have visited a couple of times in late October. As bev indicated , it can be humid and rainy but we have never had a total washout and we have had a couple of trips with very little rain.. We had a near miss last year as we left the island a couple of days before hurricane sandy hit.

We are making the trip the last week in October this year.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: paradise island weather..sept/nov?

Hi Cakez4 - Welcome to the Forums!

I'd go with the last week of September - because the water is likely to be warmer (and I like warmer water) & also it's not a busy time. Late Oct. isn't so busy a time either, but maybe there are USA schools with breaks then, it usually seems a little busier then, than Sept.

Have Fun Deciding!

4. Re: paradise island weather..sept/nov?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island