We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reef vs. Royal Towers (kids 10&12)

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
51 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Reef vs. Royal Towers (kids 10&12)

We are visiting Atlantis for the second time the last week of Oct. (first visit was 2008) Last time we stayed at Royal Towers and had a Regal Suite (separate bedroom with pull out couch for kids in living area). We are considering the Reef this time as the cost is similar for a studio room although we would prefer a one bedroom. We like the idea of a kitchen and private/quiet pool/beach area.

However we wonder about compromising proximity to the waterpark/restaurants. Our kids are pretty independent and I like the idea of allowing them some freedom to head out to the pools/park ahead of us. How far is the Reef from the main attractions? Would it be realistic to allow them to walk there on their own from the Reef. At the Royal Towers attractions seem right outside the door. Is the ocean view/private beach at the Reef as advantageous as it sounds?

Also, will there be much cruise traffic at that time of year? Last time we went in late September I don't remember it being as busy as I have read in other reviews. Thanks so much!!!

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Reef vs. Royal Towers (kids 10&12)

How long are you coming for? I see your dilemma! The Reef is beautiful but I might not want to give up that 2nd room... and you will be compromising proximity, but it might be worth it :)

I think it would be quite a walk for them from The Reef to the main attractions, but there's always the shuttle bus. Even if your kids are independent, at their ages I don't think I'd want to let them go out so much/so far on their own, but that may just be me!

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Reef vs. Royal Towers (kids 10&12)

There are always cruise ships in Nassau but Sept/Oct is a slower time of year so it's not as busy as most other times of year - it's a great time to come!

Happy Deciding!

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
51 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reef vs. Royal Towers (kids 10&12)

Thanks for your help...I am having such a hard time with this decision! We will be at there for 6 days. I was thinking of booking a studio room at the Reef and asking very nicely for an upgrade to a one bedroom. the cost difference is significant. Hubby and I would like separate space. Regal Suite in RT is more affordable, and centrally located but lacks the kitchen/private beach at Reef which both look so lovely. Any one have a crystal ball as to the likelihood of an upgrade from a Reef Studio to a One BR? Or should we just go with the Regal Suite?

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Reef vs. Royal Towers (kids 10&12)

When I find mine (crystal ball) I'll polish it off for you LOL

For upgrades - I read all the time on the Vegas forums about the $20 'sandwich' trick working to get great upgrades at check-in but have never heard it mentioned for Nassau... so wouldn't count on it! (maybe a good idea for a new thread question?!?)

How much is the Regal@Royal vs the Reef Studio vs the Reef 1-bedroom?

Perth Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Reef vs. Royal Towers (kids 10&12)

what did you decide to do? we are in the same dilemma!

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
51 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reef vs. Royal Towers (kids 10&12)

We booked the Regal Suite at RT. The separate bedroom was important for us, this is our vacation too!! I will still ask for an upgrade to a suite in Reef, but that is a large cost difference. In the end the amenity of a kitchen was second to us being able to enjoy some alone time on our vacation!

Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reef vs. Royal Towers (kids 10&12)

Great choice considering if you were staying at The Reef the distance to the water parks by foot is about 20 minutes. All the major activities (pool, the slides, restaurants) are between The Royal & The Coral. Maximizing time on vacation is a plus. On top of that later on in your vacation depending on occupancy you can always try to get an upgrade (that's an option that's always their).

Ohio
Level Contributor
58 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reef vs. Royal Towers (kids 10&12)

We are just in the process of booking and are taking our daughter and granddaughter. We are considering the Regal Suite at the Royal Tower. How were the accomodations? Was there a nice view? Did you have a balcony where you could sit. Did you have concierge service? So many questions lol thanks for any input.

9. Re: Reef vs. Royal Towers (kids 10&12)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, June 12, 2015