We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report 7/7 - 7/11

Rocky Point, New...
Level Contributor
247 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report 7/7 - 7/11

First I would like to thank everyone for all their help in planning my trip. We landed almost an hour early and my inlaws landed from Florida almost an hour late so we were in airport 2 hours longer than we should of been which kind of stunk. I had hired Cheryl Furgeson to pick us up and her husband Craig was there on time and waited with is until inlaws arrived. Great guy. We used him for our entire 5 days. Can't say enough great things bout him. As I had mentioned it was my sons 18 bday and him and his 2 friends as well as my other 2 were anxious to get to Atlantis.

Check-in, two rooms no problem. We still had my brother in law and his family coming so we decided to go to our rooms and unpack and relax a little. I was waiting upon a delivery from food2 go between 4-5 and they showed up at 5:15. Communication was a little stressful but they finally found me. I had ordered water And soda.

I chose Coral towers because I had to get 2 rooms, my brother in law stayed in the Royal. Well I was spec ting the worst

Rocky Point, New...
Level Contributor
247 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report 7/7 - 7/11

Oops I just wrote up a whole trip report only to find my editing time expired. Now I have to do it all over again. Here goes shortened version.....

Rooms were decent not like I was expecting. My husband made a comment but I have been in worse.

We met up at Virgil's for my sons bday. 13 people and bill was $600. We had a lot of food and some left over. Food was good, I have had better but also have had worse. I ordered a cake beforehand and they brought it out after dinner. It was chocolate with strawberry filling. Very pretty cake and delicious too.

We called it an early night cause I wanted to get to pool early. I upgraded to a water view and was glad I did cause it was beautiful, my mother in law didn't and she was on the 2 floor with no view. Had my wine and coffee out there everyday.

We got up early cause I could see the cruise ships coming in. My husband was mad cause he wanted to eat breakfast out but I was on mission to get chairs. I packed breakfast foods so we could get to park early.

We couldn't find our other family members for the first half of the day so we just hung around park, my kids weren't happy bout not being with their cousins who they only see once a year. My daughter had jus tstarted telling what a horrible vacation this was when who walked by.......her cousins. Thank god all is right with the world and they even had chairs saved. We hung around pool and then hit the beach. I have to say I was disappointed with the food around the pool area, I was looking forward to a fish taco or something. We just grabbed an occasional fry or hot dog. We ordered our bar drinks but the next day we headed to Bristol for wine and beer. I brought a rolling cooler which I thought would be a pain turned out to save us lots of$. We wheeled that thing everywhere LOL

DInner that night was the fish fry. Our driver Craig recommended Goldie's. this was the best food I ate the 5 days we were here. The fish fry was an experience, my 14 year old daughter and I were the only ones who got it everyone not so much, maybe we should have gone earlier.

Our days were spent at the water park and beach. My kids loved snorkeling, my husband had a go pro camera so he could record them in the water. They snorkeled the Dig which was pretty cool except for the fall my husband took going in.

It rained one morn so we took all the kids to see a movie. Very nice theater

We ate at Market Place for one breakfast and one dinner....didn't care for it. Not worth the $$$

Grandparent watched the kids our last night so us 4 adults could go out. Went to Mesa Grill. $200 for a dry mahi mahi and a 1/4 inch ribeye.......WASN'T IMPRESSED

To sum it all up I probly wouldn't come back. It was way too big and having seriously injured my foot a few months ago, it was really hard for me to get around. Even if I wasn't injured would probly feel the same way.

I don't know what people are talking about unfriendly workers......didn't come across one unfriendly person in 5 days.

Atlantis didn't seem runned down to me and was always clean in my opinion

Ther is a 15% gratuity, I knew that going in, and I usually tipped extra.

My only complaint is the food.......only time I don't cook every night is when I am on vacation and we like to eat all 3 meals out so that was definitely a downer for me

I wouldn't come back to Atlantis but I am definitely keeping my eye on the Baha Mar. My kids had a great time and we got to spend time with our family so that's all that matters to me.

I

2. Re: Trip Report 7/7 - 7/11

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 19, 2014