We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hows the weather been?

Chicago
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hows the weather been?

Traveling in a few weeks, how has the weather been? How are the crowds? Can food2go be delivered to the coral towers too?

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hows the weather been?

Weather has been hot and humid, oh and widespread parts of the island got over 15 inches of rain Tuesday evening, causing extensive flooding. Paradise Island saw nearly a foot of rain in just a couple of hours. But it has settled down. Impossible to predict exactly what the weather will be in a few weeks, but generally a minimum of a 30 percent chance of thunderstorms each day, hot, humid, and very high UV index. All day rain??? Probably not. Rain everyday??? Hard to say. We can have a period of rain each day, or go days in a row with none at all.

Normal, Illinois
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hows the weather been?

im headed to Paradise island tomorrow....will it affect my travel?

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hows the weather been?

No, not at all. Everything back to normal in the tourist areas.

Normal, Illinois
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hows the weather been?

well thats good...I just tried calling comfort suites which is a long distance phone call and asked them about this and they put me on hold....what kind of service is that? o well hopefully all goes well...do you know of any good spots to parasail and snorkel around paradiise island?

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,380 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hows the weather been?

On Cabbage Beach, the nearest beach to Comfort Suites, walk east or to the right for about 1 1/2 miles. It takes about 25 minutes. At the end of the beach there is a rock jetty forming a small cove where hundreds of small school size fish congregate. If the surf is rough don't bother going there as there will be no fish. On one of my visits there while snorkeling I counted over 12 species of fish including a Barracuda. It's worth the walk as there is not much to see elsewhere on Cabbage Beach from the surf other than an occassional school of small fish swimming by.

Normal, Illinois
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hows the weather been?

how come I cant find cabbage beach on the maps?

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hows the weather been?

Can't answer that, but Cabbage Beach does exist. It's on the north facing side of Paradise Island. It stretches from the Atlantis property, eastward to the golf course. Very easy to find as Tiger posted.

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hows the weather been?

There are independent vendors that offer parasailing (not sure what they charge these days, and jet skis (strongly not recommended, for various reasons).

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hows the weather been?

Weather today has been near perfect...except for the humidity. Mostly clear and sunny, temps in the upper 80's, pleasant breeze out of the north. Looks like this pattern will continue for the next few days. Still a slight chance of rain, but no once in a lifetime 15 inch downpours.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,380 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hows the weather been?

On the official Atlantis Property Map Cabbage Beach is called Atlantis Beach. It begins just west or left of the Coral Tower and runs east past the Beach Tower, The Riu Hotel and further down past the One and Only Ocean Club. Past the Ocean Club is the area I mentioned above to snorkel.