We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's cheaper the Bus or Taxi to Comfort Suites?

Nazareth...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
What's cheaper the Bus or Taxi to Comfort Suites?

Hi, our travel agent recomended we take the bus for almost $42 or $45 Dollars to the comfort suites. Is that the way to go or are we better off taking a taxi from the airport to comfort Suites.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What's cheaper the Bus or Taxi to Comfort Suites?

we just returned from Atlantis and the cab each way was $40 so I would take a cab over the bus.

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,485 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's cheaper the Bus or Taxi to Comfort Suites?

How many are in your party??

Generally speaking for 2 ppl.. the taxi rate is $35 plus $1 toll.

If that price if for 6 ppl.. it's fine.

But keep in mind, a taxi is a direct route. Bus may have several drop points along the way, and you arrive with others checking in at the same time.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
19,030 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's cheaper the Bus or Taxi to Comfort Suites?

We used the shuttle (dan knowles) booked through atlantis, it was about $58 roundtrip for 2 of us. We had no problem. I see there's a post complaining about them though. I would use them again.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
966 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What's cheaper the Bus or Taxi to Comfort Suites?

Less hassle to walk outside and jump in a cab. No waiting or stopping at other hotels ... and the return trip you get to the airport by yourself ... no stampede of people trying to get in the check in lines or waiting for luggage to come off the bus!

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
622 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's cheaper the Bus or Taxi to Comfort Suites?

Was planning on using taxi to get to Comfort Suites in June. Does any one know what cost would be for family of 4. (2 kids- 7,9 yo) with 4 luggages ? Also, do they have booster seats available? My kids are petite.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
622 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's cheaper the Bus or Taxi to Comfort Suites?

Was planning on using taxi to get to Comfort Suites in June. Does any one know what cost would be for family of 4. (2 kids- 7,9 yo) with 4 luggages ? Also, do they have booster seats available? My kids are petite.

Also do they accept USD? Or do I need to exchange $$.

Thanks!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,714 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What's cheaper the Bus or Taxi to Comfort Suites?

U.S. dollars and Bahamas dollars are interchangeable in the Bahamas in a direct 1:1 ratio.

A cab for four to Comfort Suites from the Airport cost about $38 plus $1 for the toll bridge and a tip. You can read about the Government regulated standard rates here:

bahamas-treasures.com/bahamas/Nassau_Taxi_Fa…

Ocean View, Delaware
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
1,805 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What's cheaper the Bus or Taxi to Comfort Suites?

The bus tends to have multiple stops==also just know if you go outside and take a cab you don't have to share it--sometimes they try to pick up multiple fares to different places so speak up if they try that. This is why I arrange with Sandra Ferguson in advance==that way I know I will get a nice clean cab with air conditioning!

Chicago
Level Contributor
514 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What's cheaper the Bus or Taxi to Comfort Suites?

As said, the fare for 4 ppl with bridge toll is $39, but they charge extra for luggage. We paid $44 each way incl. luggage, not incl. tip. Look at link provided above. We always just exit the airport and grab the first available. Have never had a problem with that. Do be aware of the base cost though. This year on the trip back to the airport, the taxi driver tried to charge us an extra $5 (on top of the luggage charge). We called him on it, and he charged us $44.

They likely do not have boosters or car seats. Our taxi's didn't even have enough working seat belts...

If you need boosters, check with Ferguson. They are highly recommended n TA, and I believe I have read they have car seats.

No need to exchange for Bahamian $$. They take US $$.

Nazareth...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: What's cheaper the Bus or Taxi to Comfort Suites?

Hi Do you have the phone number or e-mail for Sandra Ferguson? Thanks in advance.