We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Noted Personalities at Atlantis this week

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,652 posts
Save Topic
Noted Personalities at Atlantis this week

Just read online that the President's Daughters are visiting Atlantis this week. You can read about it here:

breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/03/25/Excl…

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Noted Personalities at Atlantis this week

I was under the impresion that we were cutting a bunch of spending. no White House tours, but we can afford day passes for the first daughters and secret service detail. Are you kidding me!!!!!!! Oh, and they are not flying commercial. Are you freaking kidding me????

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Noted Personalities at Atlantis this week

Sorry for my political based reply, on a travel forum. but this is absurd,

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Noted Personalities at Atlantis this week

JUst perhaps he paid for their trip??? Hmmmm???????

Connecticut
Level Contributor
966 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Noted Personalities at Atlantis this week

Ya .... right ..... our taxes get higher and they go on trips .... and they close the control towers at our small airports ... that fixes everything ... :(

Ocean View, Delaware
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Noted Personalities at Atlantis this week

Really guys every President and their families go on trips during every Presidency==they are allowed to have lives right? And they pay for their rooms/food etc. EVERY first family gets protection not just this one. How many times did one of our past Presidents visit his ranch in Texas where he didn't fly commercial airlines and all the Secret Service went with them===and his daughters also who by the way I think still have some sort of protection even now.

Edited: 8:56 am, March 26, 2013
Colorado
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Noted Personalities at Atlantis this week

It's the principle of the thing. Flying home to ones private ranch is a little different than jet setting to exotic locations when they are cutting all unnecessary spending. All I can say is glad I'm not at Atlantis this week...what a drag.

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,481 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Noted Personalities at Atlantis this week

So these kids aren't allowed to vacation outside the US?? Everyone on this site has either taken a vacation here.. or is planning one. Why not the First "kids"?

Their dad makes a salary.. he can afford it. Maybe he's paying for it? Geesh..

Boston
Level Contributor
425 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Noted Personalities at Atlantis this week

So glad we went last week. do the secret service guys get to ride the slides?

indianlake
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Noted Personalities at Atlantis this week

I wonder if they arrived on Sun. there sure were alot of delays at the airport.

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Noted Personalities at Atlantis this week

I think the first kids should go on vacation. Just not on the US taxpayers dime. When the dad (POTUS) is making a pretty decent salary. I also understand the importance of Secret Service protection, God forbid something would happen. I was taken a back when the president went down to Florida to play golf with Tiger Woods, at $180K per hour to transport and protect the president. I would think that Tiger could've flown up to the DC area and played up there with the Prez. I mean Tiger has a jet...doesn't he? Just my five cents worth.

Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island