We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To quick questions - mini fride and taking drinks to pool.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
111 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
To quick questions - mini fride and taking drinks to pool.

Currently on hold with CS at Atlantis. 15 mnutes and still waiting. Figured I'd just ask here while i wait. I've read that the mini fridge in the rooms are off limits for personal storage. Is this true? So no place to store any drinks (water, soda, beer)? Also, has anyone ever had any issues with bringing your own drinks to the pool? Planned on stopping to grab some bevergaes on the way to the hotel to pack to the pool in a soft cooler. Will this be an issue? I'm sure I'll be ordering yummy frozen drinks from th bar, but beers are more for hubby :) The way he can down them on vaca, I figured we'd saved few $ by bringing our own.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: To quick questions - mini fride and taking drinks to pool.

Not sure if you are staying at Comfort Suites, CS?, or Atlantis. If Atlantis, yes the mini-fridges are really mini-bars. If you touch or move any of the small liquid containers inside, Atlantis considers you have bought them. There is NO room for anything else inside them. You can rent small refrigerators for about $15/day.

You can bring any beverage you want to the pools and beaches but NO glass containers are allowed.

If staying at Comfort Suites, the mini-fridges are really that and can hold a good amount of items.

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: To quick questions - mini fride and taking drinks to pool.

BYOB at Atlantis, you'll save tons of cash. Stock up at Bristol Cellar's in the strip mall across the street from the Marina Village and Comfort Suites.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
111 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To quick questions - mini fride and taking drinks to pool.

Oh yes, that would've helped. Staying at royal towers. Crazy to me that for the the price of a room, there isn't a mini fridge. Wow!! But good to know. Thank you :)

Jersey Shore...
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: To quick questions - mini fride and taking drinks to pool.

good to know.... can't believe they don't include a useable mini fridge. I think I'm going to have to bring a lock so my kids don't take anything out of the mini bar, LOL!!!

Maybe I should pack a soft sided cooler to use in the room?? Can you get ice anywhere??

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: To quick questions - mini fride and taking drinks to pool.

Ice machines on every floor of every tower.

Seattle
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: To quick questions - mini fride and taking drinks to pool.

We just returned yesterday from Atlantis Royal Towers. Not sure if our fridge / minibar was different than regular rooms because we had a suite, but there was, in fact, room for two or three bottles of beer or a few cans (on their sides) on the top shelf of the minibar. Not a lot, but there was some room.

As for taking a cooler and / or drinks to the pool, honestly, no one is going to care, really. Even if it's in a bottle. I walked around the pool on MANY occasions with a bottle of Sands and no one cared (which is pretty much the attitude of the entire staff - see scathing review to come).

And by the way, 2 fruity cocktails at the pool bars will run you anywhere from $27 USD to about $34 (for the same two drinks, depending on which bar you choose). Take the advise and go to the liquor store, which is actually cheaper than in the US.

7. Re: To quick questions - mini fride and taking drinks to pool.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 04, 2014