We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jet skiing

Paradise Island...
1 post
Save Topic
Jet skiing

I am in the Bahamas and I see people jet skiing from afar as I stand in my hotel balcony. I'm wondering if it is popular among tourists from atlantis. Are prices reasonable? I hear $60 for half hour from reviews. And should I be aware of possible scammers with this whole rental deal?

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jet skiing

You will get your better prices earlier in the morning and later in the day, just before they close up. Ask what time they take the last and first customer and take it from there. Prices are negotiable.

I really don't like being in the water with them. I find most of the riders don't know what they are doing and find it not the safest thing as it's not controlled.

I've seen riders come across the dividing ropes where swimmers are and almost hit them and I've seen people showing off and fly off the jet ski.

Just be safe out there!

Edited: 11:55 am, February 20, 2013
nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jet skiing

The jet ski vendors are not associated with the resorts. The business as a whole is poorly regulated, the watercraft are not inspected, and few have any insurance. The resorts advise against using them, as there have been numerous accidents...some deadly. If something happens, your on your own. You might know what your doing on one of them, but others do not. And yes $60 for 30 minutes is the going rate.

sc
Level Contributor
740 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jet skiing

get life ins. before you go...

4. Re: Jet skiing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 26, 2014