We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inclusive or Comfort Suites

Buffalo
Level Contributor
85 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
All inclusive or Comfort Suites

Planning a trip for 2 adults and 2 18 year olds. I heard to eat in the Bahamas is very expensive. Would we be better staying at the Riu All inclusive and buying day passes to Atlantis or would it be cheaper to stay at Comfort Suites that includes entry to Atlantis? We are planning a July or August trip. Is the Riu walking distance to Atlantis like the Comfort Suites seems to be?

Mentioned in this post
Bahamas
Bahamas
Caribbean
Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
19,661 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All inclusive or Comfort Suites

Well a day pass is probably around $120ish (hopefully someone will know exactly), so you'd have to figure out how many days would you want to get the pass and how much is the Rui and compare it to staying at Comfort suites (which does include a breakfast I believe).

The Rui is next door to the Beach tower/atlantis so yes walking distance. We prefer to stay at Atlantis, but it was just me and hubby, so no teenagers to feed...lol

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island
Hotel Riu Palace...
5,108 Reviews
New Providence Island
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,895 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: All inclusive or Comfort Suites

Another great benefit by staying at Comfort Suites is that all guests enjoy free Hi-Speed WIFI Internet access in all rooms that worked great during my last visit.

Buffalo
Level Contributor
85 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All inclusive or Comfort Suites

Thank you everyone!

Carrollton, Texas
Level Contributor
78 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All inclusive or Comfort Suites

You could also look at Harborside, which is a timeshare condo property which is part of Atlantis. This would let you bring your own food (everything but fresh fruits and vegetables) and cook some meals in the room. Entry to Atlantis is included. Redweek.com has the best rates to rent from a timeshare owner.

Milton, Ontario
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All inclusive or Comfort Suites

The value you would get choosing Comfort Suites surpasses that of the RIU. The rooms are not beautiful but complimentary wifi, breakfast and Atlantis passes are what make this a better choice. Your food purchases don't have to be costly.

Buffalo
Level Contributor
85 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All inclusive or Comfort Suites

Thanks for the updates! I'm going to look into the timeshare rentals and Comfort Suites.

7. Re: All inclusive or Comfort Suites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 22, 2014