We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shark Activities?

NY
Level Contributor
75 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Shark Activities?

Planning on visiting Comfort Suites in mid-May. My daughter (14) has always been fascinated with sharks. We'll be celebrating her birthday, while we are there and I would love to have some great shark activity for her to do. About the only thing I've found is a dive, but you must be certified divers, which we are not. Any suggestions?

Are the water temps OK in mid-May for such activities?

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Glastonbury...
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shark Activities?

Actually, Stuart's Cove offers a snorkeling swim with sharks that she could certainly participate in.

Its $70 for a half day excursion with free pickup from the Comfort Suites.

www.stuartcove.com/DiveBahamasMgmt.aspx…

Since trip is 4 months away, there is still time for her to get her scuba cert.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,209 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shark Activities?

The ocean temp. in mid-May is usually in the low 80's F. off the beach. On the snorkel excursions in deeper water it may be a bit cooler because of the much deeper water you snorkel in. You can always rent a wet suit at the Stuart Cove docks.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
279 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shark Activities?

Powerboat adventures offers a full day tour to the exumas where you stop to see iguanas, then head to another island to have an interaction with stingrays and get up close to sharks (you aren't in the water with then). Then spend the day on the beg or swimming. Tour is all inclusive

We haven't been yet but scheduled for march an I can't wait. I am excited to see the sharks at a safe distance. Not sure if this is what you are looking for or not

Atlantis also offers a snorkel in one of their habitats that has sharks. This way you know it's safe. Might be worth a look

california
Level Contributor
211 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shark Activities?

I agree. Powerboat adventures was the highlight of our trip. You see sharks up close during the feeding on the island. I also was very close to them when we snorkled. I have some great pictures of them swimming with me.

5. Re: Shark Activities?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 17, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island