We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oasis of the Seas Ship Must-Do's

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Oasis of the Seas Ship Must-Do's

HI, we just booked the Oasis of the Seas and was wondering if there are any themed nights that occur during their seven night voyages? If anyone has been on this cruise can you please also suggest the must-do's for this ship. Thx!

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,441 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oasis of the Seas Ship Must-Do's

I've been on this mega-ship. Just spend the first few days looking around at the various "neighbourhoods" - lots to see and do. Lots of great shows -- and do try your hand at ice skating at least once! There are lots of food venues, so if you can, don't be afraid to try them all during your cruise.

I don't recall any theme nights, except for a white ball, which we weren't interested in going to as we had reservations in one of the sushi restaurants that night. But there is a wonderful little studie just steps from the carousel that does fun portraits that you can dress up for with props and clothing there. And I can't recall the name of the restaurant, but it is a little diner type place (also in the carousel neighbourhood) that has the best milkshakes and do try the breakfast special "The Works".

If you can find a ship map ahead of time (the cruise line has these), you may want to print them out and study before you go, as you can easily spend 3 days just finding your way around the ship and you still won't see everything. For cruise questions, a better site to use is www.cruisecritics.com as it is more cruise specific. Enjoy!

Salem, Massachusetts
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Oasis of the Seas Ship Must-Do's

Hi

My mother is 82 and we have cruised many times together . With the exception of a bad back and the need for a cane she is in very good heatlh.I would like to

finances permitting take her on a back to back next winter on either the allure or the Oasis . I am hoping this is not too uch for her and would like other peoples experiences as far walking on the ship? We did the Independence of the seas fuve years ago and she loved it. Thank you

Salem, Massachusetts
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Oasis of the Seas Ship Must-Do's

Can anyone give me advise concerning travelind with soimeone in their 80's on an oasis class ship ? Mom is in good heatlh but, has a very bad back and uses a walker . Are there ways

to avoid excessive walking ? We went on the Ind epeandence of the seas a few years ago and she loved it

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,300 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oasis of the Seas Ship Must-Do's

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i10703-Cruises.…

check out the cruise forum :)

Salem, Virginia
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Oasis of the Seas Ship Must-Do's

We went on Oasis last April and my 70 year old mother did not have any trouble walking all over that huge ship but she does not have any current health problems. I do think it was quite tiring for her but she covered a lot of ground on all levels of the ship, as well as excursions at the three ports. I think you could book staterooms nearest to the elevator banks on the end with the dining room and thus she would not have to walk as much, If she didn't feel up to it. I also like the fact that Oasis only has 3 ports of call and 3 days at sea, so that way you have days to just relax and she could do as little or as much as she is up to.

Oasis is a beautiful ship and I think everyone would LOVE it! We are going on Brilliance soon but I would prefer to be going back on Oasis!

6. Re: Oasis of the Seas Ship Must-Do's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 21, 2014