We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charged Twice

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Charged Twice

I had a good time at the resort (I went on a day trip as part of my cruise). I hired a water bike at a cost of $40 but have been charged for TWO $40 transactions. My emails to the resort have been totally ignored so I'll contact the cruise company. Atlantis provide a telephone number but in no time at all I'll run up a charge of $40 (I'm in the UK). I'll let you know how I get on.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,797 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Charged Twice

Did you go as part of a cruise excursion? If so, then you will need to contact the cruise line. If you charged the water bike at Atlantis, then by all means contact them. But why not phone your credit card company and dispute the charge. If it is an obvious duplicate transaction, then you shoud have no problem taking it off your bill.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Charged Twice

My first line of attack was to phone my credit card company. They said that it would probably be quicker if I contact the vendors directly (this was the case in a previous incident). Anyway, I have contacted the cruise company who gave me the standard "We'll look into it" message. Anyway, I'll keep you all updated.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Charged Twice

Cruise company (RCI) refunded the amount, no questions asked. They could teach Atlantis a thing or two about customer service. I wonder how many other people are being overcharged.

4. Re: Charged Twice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 19, 2014