We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from airport to atlantis with infant/toddler

Bixby, Oklahoma...
1 post
Save Topic
Transportation from airport to atlantis with infant/toddler

I'll be going with my family including one child of 19 months for spring break. We are staying at beach tower and any advice is welcome on how to make the most of our trip. Specifically, I am hoping to find out the best way to get there from the airport. I originally booked the transportation through the website. I also considered taking a taxi. But what about car seats? Does my infant require one by the local laws? I'm not crazy about holding him in my lap, which would probably need a break after being in my lap on the plane ride. Any advice is welcome. Thanks in advance.

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,478 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from airport to atlantis with infant/toddler

Although Nassau has car seat laws, they don't pertain to taxis. If you feel the need for a carseat.. contact Sandra Ferguson at:

www.sandrastaxibahamas.com

She can provide a carseat if booked in advance.

BTW.. you might want to consider upgrading to the coral or Royal Tower if you are going during High School or College spring break... the Beach Tower is the party tower.. and can get very noisy.. nite and day. Security really doesn't control it.

Ocean View, Delaware
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from airport to atlantis with infant/toddler

I second using this taxi service--she will provide a car seat and her cabs are clean and air conditioned. It can take up to 45 minutes depending on traffic to get to Paradise Island and for children who are used to being in a car seat I personally wouldn't want to hold a child for that length of time.

New York
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from airport to atlantis with infant/toddler

Sandra ferguson was at the airport with a sign to pick us up even though my plane was late.she was great.

New York
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from airport to atlantis with infant/toddler

Sandra Ferguson is the best! Getting through customs took almost an hour once we arrived, with only a couple of agents working when they knew a plane was arriving was ridiculous, but Sandra's son was there with a sign waiting for us. He was most courteous and knowledgable throughout the entire ride. Once again when we left another driver was at Harborside promptly and also was very polite and informative throughout the ride to the airport. Very smooth transaction from the beginning to the end, Sandra answered all my emails within minutes! A few years ago we were at the Atlantis again and we used the cabs from the airport, no air, not polite, it was a ride from hell. Sandra is the only way to go, since I have timeshare there, and will be visiting often-I am so glad I found Sandra!

5. Re: Transportation from airport to atlantis with infant/toddler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 23, 2014