We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Jamaica
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Weather

We will be arriving on Thursday. The weather forecast shows rain everyday!!!!! Can anyone tell me how the weather has been recently? Thanx

Long Island
Level Contributor
504 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

A cold front just came through yesterday. How long the weather associated with it lasts is anybody's guess. The website I use for weather here on Long Island shows it clearing out by next weekend, but actual precipitation is hard to track that far out. Forecast temperatures through the period look to be around 80° F (27° C).

Right now here it's mostly cloudy with some blue showing in spots. I can see rain falling out on the ocean east of us, but no precipitation here so far.

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

There is some talk about the area of weather currently south of Jamaica. There are some forecast models that predict it to become better organized and to move generally this way over the next few days. How strong and what affects...to early to tell.

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

As of the 11 pm update from the National Hurricane Center....they are giving it a 70% chance of tropical development. And the forecast models are still trending this way, with it becoming stronger....still too early to tell the exact course, strength, and any impacts. We might be in line for a late season tropical storm or hurricane.

Philly Suburbs
Level Contributor
15 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather

Yikes! I'm headed to Atlantis on Thursday too and hope TS Sandy doesn't spoil the trip!

Jamaica
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather

Well from what I've been reading on line it doesn't look very promising.:(((

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
195 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather

It looks like it may successfully ruin my wedding there on Saturday. Hoping it's moved on by then...

7. Re: Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 24, 2013