We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When is it more crowded at Atlantis?

new york
Level Contributor
97 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
When is it more crowded at Atlantis?

Just read a very disturbing review and it said you couldn't even move at the pools, that is not enjoyable, also they said people would take their stuff off the chairs, where do they put it? on the floor? they said it was spring break, is it going to be like that in July. I am getting very nervous. thanks for anyone who can put me at ease.

New York
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When is it more crowded at Atlantis?

It will not be that bad ,because you are staying the last week of july, but a good reason to book with harborside is that if they are crowded at the royal tower and too crowded at the beach tower, harborside pools are never crowded.since you already have reservations ,I wonder if they would let you switch .July 4th is very crowded and not to much different than spring break.I still stick with harborside since if you find to many crowds it can be very easy to just take the shuttle from atlantis to harbor side .I heard if you get a special with harbor side it is not to much difference in money.

new york
Level Contributor
97 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When is it more crowded at Atlantis?

thanks eagleeye, we won't be there july 4th thank god, but i can't switch my ressies cause i have the free lunch with my package and if i switch i lose the free lunch, i just hope i can relax some while the kids play in the pool,and not be nervous cause so many people.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,300 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When is it more crowded at Atlantis?

Honestly, I have never seen people taking stuff off chairs...yes, you do have to get to the pool early to have YOUR PICK of chairs...but, to me, it is no different than being at a water park with the kids on a hot summer day. I would consider it less crowded than what I have experienced at the Jersey shore water parks...certainly not unbearable. Have been there only the last week in July 3 years in a row, and am looking forward to this year as well. You certainly CAN move in the pools...perhaps spring break and July 4th are bad, but I don't find the end of July to be any big deal. Believe me, if it had been unbearably crowded for the last 3 years, we would NOT be going at that time, nor would we have purchased our timeshare during that week. Things could always change when they complete the ongoing

construction, but for now, last week in july has been no big deal.

new york
Level Contributor
97 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When is it more crowded at Atlantis?

Mary when will you be there i will be there from july 24-july 28. thanks for putting me at ease

NJ
Level Contributor
1,300 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When is it more crowded at Atlantis?

luvtogoonvacation-I will be at Harborside from July 23rd to the 30th. There a 4 of us in my immediate family, but we are traveling with my sister and her family...and some friends as well. Kids of various ages...13 of us in all. Should be a blast!

Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island