We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying from England

county Durham
Level Contributor
243 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Flying from England

Hi All

Wondering if you can help. I have been looking at the resort and really fancy going next year for our 2 weeks holiday. Can anyone suggest which holiday company I should look at and which airlines fly there. We have never been to the Bahamas before so hope you can help me.

Thanks

Mands

Great Exuma
Level Contributor
276 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying from England

The only airline that has a direct flight to The Bahamas is British Airways from Heathrow. I cannot help you with a holiday company but you will find that you can organise your trip yourself by booking directly with both BA and the hotel and that it will work out just as cheaply.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
5,209 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying from England

Many people find that BA direct to Nassau is more expenisve than booking via Miami or Orlando. Have a look at that option as well. Any of the high street buicket shops should be able to help you, but it's probably just as easy to book through BA's holiday breaks.

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying from England

British Airways has two or three direct flights from London per week. Dusty...hard to understand that its cheaper to fly to the US...guess that's why I don't own an airline, or why they don't make money.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
5,209 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying from England

wwbev, I agree, the airlines never make much sense anyhow. Maybe because it is the only game in town and so BA can charge high prices and use crappy old equipment on the Caribbean routes. When flying to the UK, I almost always find it cheaper to fly JB from here to JFK, then BA or Virgin Atlantic to Heathrow. And for the same price (or less) as BA premium economy from Nassau, but in business class from New York. Go figure!

Yesterday I was checking on flights around Chistmas to New York, and couldn't believe that the cheapest flights had me flying Copa to Panama City, then on to New York from there, and ditto on the return. Makes no sense at all!

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying from England

Domt know if I wouldn't trust Copa. Wife just got back and had a two day delay. But that was because of Isaac. Boy. This storm really screwed up air travel all over the place. Now I'm on 24 hour CNN and TWC coverage as it heads toward my hometown.

robdulc
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying from England

Hi,

I would try Hayes & Jarvis they had been the cheapest the last time we went, and they are still the cheapest at the minute whilst we have been looking, they use BA. If you don't wanna fly direct you can change flights. We have flown virgin before with connecting flight in Miami and I would much rather go direct.

You can look at kuoni, Kenwood travel, virgin(phone) but I have still found H&J cheaper. Depends when you want to fly aswell

Hope this helps

7. Re: Flying from England

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:37 pm, August 30, 2012
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Flying from England

Hi,

Going to c/s for two weeks in October with my family flying from Heathrow direct with BA, Friday flight.

Although this was booked through our local travel agent in Aberdeen the holiday is with Hayes & Jarvis.

3 adults 1 teenager 6k (although this does include conecting flights to London

from Aberdeen).

Hope this helps :)

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Flying from England

Hi,

Going to c/s for two weeks in October with my family flying from Heathrow direct with BA, Friday flight.

Although this was booked through our local travel agent in Aberdeen the holiday is with Hayes & Jarvis.

3 adults 1 teenager 6k (although this does include conecting flights to London

from Aberdeen).

Hope this helps :)

10. Re: Flying from England

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, December 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island