We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantis slide closure?

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
515 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Atlantis slide closure?

Just curious if Atlantis will close the slides due to wind? Expected to arrive Sun night & first full day will be on the Monday. Weather forecast seems to show pretty high winds? Has anyone experince Atlantis shutting down the pools & slides due to wind?

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,357 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantis slide closure?

Weather seems to suggest that though there will be windy conditions (and likely a fair amount of rain and high seas), Isaac will not affect the Bahamas much beyond this. By Sunday night, things should be well on their way to calming down. Those making flight connections via Miami or Fort Lauderdale will likely see flight cancellations and delays from Sunday night/Monda morning.

The pools will likely remain open unless conditons make it dangerous. The beach may be closed if there are rough waves and rip currents, but unless there are really high winds or lightning, you should be able to swim in the pools. It'd be a bit bleak -- but looking on the bright side, there will be less crowds!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
378 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantis slide closure?

Yes that is what I told my girls :) Less crowds and also not as hot waiting to get on the slides.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
186 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlantis slide closure?

The challenger is closed for repairs and the leap of faith was closed yesterday. They were working on something at the top of the leap of faith. It was windy there the last 2 days on and off but no slides were closed from the wind. Just once or twice this week for lightning.

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
515 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlantis slide closure?

Any idea on how long the slides are closed for repairs? I'm assuming & hoping it's only a very temporary issue:)

Minnesota
Level Contributor
186 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlantis slide closure?

The challenger is closed for awhile since the pool is empty and gated off. They seem to be fixing the bottom of the pool. The leap of faith was hated off with workers running power tools at the top of it. The 2 slides are on the same level right next to each other so I'm not sure if the leap will be closed for awhile also.

north carolina
Level Contributor
412 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Atlantis slide closure?

We were there last wk. 3 slides were closed. 2 cruise ships were n port. So needless to say, lines were long and resort seemed crowded... Not Christmas crowded but still crowded. Get out early if I want an umbrella.

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
515 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Atlantis slide closure?

Yes I'm here now and I see the Challenger slide is still closed, the pool empty, as they are doing renos.

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
515 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Atlantis slide closure?

I forgot to mention, the Leap of Faith was up & running during our stay 27th til the 30:)

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
515 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Atlantis slide closure?

The rock climbing for kids was closed Aug 27-30 as well

10. Re: Atlantis slide closure?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 15, 2013