We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast deposit @ Comfort Suites?

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
515 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast deposit @ Comfort Suites?

Did anyone staying at the C.S. have to pay a deposit at check-in $50.00 per person for the free buffet breakfast? I don't understand what the logic is in asking for a deposit for a included breakfast?

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,575 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast deposit @ Comfort Suites?

Where did you read about a breakfast deposit? I was there last May and there was no such thing.

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
515 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast deposit @ Comfort Suites?

After paying via Expedia for the trip, at the bottom of my confirmation there was a section noting that there is a $50 pp deposit for the breakfast buffet to be paid upon check in with cash or cc. Not a big deal if it's only a deposit in which we get back once we check out, I was just curious as to why this is necessary. I suppose I could call the hotel directly , but here was my first stop:) Maybe if they catch you using the buffet to pack ffor your next meal!? lol

3. Re: Breakfast deposit @ Comfort Suites?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:42 am, July 21, 2012
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,575 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast deposit @ Comfort Suites?

Call the hotel directly at (242) 363-3680. I am pretty sure there is no such thing as a breakfast deposit at Comfort Suites.

Also check the hotel website on Paradise Island. It states definitely they offer free hot breakfasts buffets. :

http://www.comfortsuitespi.com/

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
515 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast deposit @ Comfort Suites?

Yes it's free this is a fact, what I was asking is why a deposit? I find it strange. I emailed the hotel and no response from last week so thank you I will call & ask. I spoke with a Expedia rep & also the Sun wing rep who both confirmed the deposit.

Energy & housekeeping charges:

As for the other issue....If my tour operator (Sun wing confirmed with me verbally over the phone that the energy & housekeeping will absolutely not be added to my bill at check out & that everything is included even round trip transportation. In the event that the hotel does try to charge me, what can I do in this case? Do I have the right to flat out refuse to pay since Sun wing said it's already paid for? Have the hotel contact Sun wing to discuss the issue?

Sorry I'm always looking ahead ..maybe even too much of a worry wart:)

Edited: 12:35 pm, July 21, 2012
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,575 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast deposit @ Comfort Suites?

Bring all your paperwork from Sun wing and Expedia along with you and show it to the C.S. check-in employees.

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
515 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakfast deposit @ Comfort Suites?

The problem with that is it's not on my paperwork. They told me verbally on the phone. The only thing in writing is about the buffet deposit:S

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,575 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Breakfast deposit @ Comfort Suites?

Bottom line, IMHO, you will NOT have to pay a breakfast buffet deposit at check-in. Don't worry any more about it. BF there was always free and still IS now.

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
515 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Breakfast deposit @ Comfort Suites?

Thanks Tiger for your opinions, you've at least eased my mind for now..lol

It also seems the extra fees for maid & energy by almost all other expedia bookers were also included in their price (from past threads).

So here's too a breakfast, maid & energy fee FREE vacation!

Now I just have to look into whether or not to book cancellation insurance due to it being the hurricane season in late Aug:S

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Breakfast deposit @ Comfort Suites?

I will be staying at Comfort Suites in November. I booked through Expedia also. I saw that you were told that round trip transportation was included. Can you tell me how you are supposed to go about setting that up? Every other post I have read just talks about how much people pay for cab fare. I wonder if this is something new.

Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island