We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WiFi at Atlantis

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Topic
WiFi at Atlantis

Hi, we're staying at The Cove and was curious on the WiFi. I understand that I need to purchase it with 24 hour chunks. My question is, is WiFi in the rooms or is it just Wired? Whenever I look for the answer on the Atlantis website, it keeps saying wired in room and wireless in lobbies and pool areas. We're planning on using Skype to call home to check on the kids so we're hoping that the WiFi fee includes the Wifi in your room. Thanks for any information!

April

chicago
Level Contributor
8,789 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: WiFi at Atlantis

The free wifi is horrible

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
19,540 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: WiFi at Atlantis

motheroftwo, the cell phone usage is extremely spotty. we have verizon, it worked partly for one day and that was it. we bought a calling card and used that to check in at home. you cannot count on your cell phone :)

Vancouver,B.C.
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: WiFi at Atlantis

I just came back and purchased a five day pack for $109.00 You are allowed 4 devices so that did both my rooms. It worked beautifully.

chicago
Level Contributor
8,789 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: WiFi at Atlantis

I had no problems with cell service with Verizon and the Atlantis wifi was excellent

Ocean View, Delaware
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: WiFi at Atlantis

There is free wifi at dunkin donuts with a purchase--it is in the strip mall across from Marina Village.

Mentioned in this post
Marina Village
Marina Village
209 Reviews
New Providence Island
here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,497 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: WiFi at Atlantis

In general, both cable (wifi) and Cell phone service is spotty at best in the bahamas- even for the locals.

So don't expect to get great reception or a quick connection. We are often frustrated that our own service is either down or intermittent.

If you do.. it's a bonus.

For cell service - you need international service on a gsm phone with 1900mhz frequency.

ATT and T-mobile have agreements in place with the local BTC and get better service than others.

Verizon is not GSM, so service is nearly none existent.

27. Re: WiFi at Atlantis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 04, 2014