We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SCUBA GRRL help - is silk soy milk readily available in PI?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
SCUBA GRRL help - is silk soy milk readily available in PI?

We are heading down to Atlantis in May. My 20 month old is allergic to milk & only drinks Silk Soy milk (plain, not vanilla). Is this easy to get at the hotel or grocery stores around Atlantis?

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SCUBA GRRL help - is silk soy milk readily available in PI?

It's available in larger grocery stores, but I can't speak for anywhere else. There's a city market less than 2 miles from Atlantis (cab is the only way). Well stocked like a US supermarket. Bring along a collapsable cooler.. just in case.. they don't always have refrigerators available.

NH
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: SCUBA GRRL help - is silk soy milk readily available in PI?

lil acorn- just happened upon your post. Soy milk bought in the 1 quart cardbord containers don't need to be refridgerated until opened. Why not bring them with you? Or call Atlantis and see if they stock lactose-free milk. Even the school I work in keeps it for a number of kids. Many places have it these days since more kids have problems with milk. [And if you do a lot of "googling" you might see that a constant diet of soy causes GI problems. We use rice milk instead. ....just an aside comment]

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SCUBA GRRL help - is silk soy milk readily available in PI?

Thanks for both inputs.

I had thought about the 1quart containers, but we will be there for 6 days and my son drinks ~24 oz of milk a day so I was trying to figure out a lighter way to support his drinking habit!!!

Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island