We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just booked van service from Cheryl Ferguson, any comments?

Covina
Level Contributor
50 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
just booked van service from Cheryl Ferguson, any comments?

Just booked 2 vans for 20 people. Late May. Just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing. Don't want any surprises at airport to Atlantis.

Chicago
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: just booked van service from Cheryl Ferguson, any comments?

I am so confused by this post Sandra or Cheryl?

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,475 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: just booked van service from Cheryl Ferguson, any comments?

Doesn't matter.. they all give the same service, and use union rates.

If you need a carseat.. request 1. Cheryl has 1, sandra has 3.

If you want water/cold kalik, request it.

If you need a short stop at the grocery store.. ask.. a few minutes is usually free or a few bucks.. If you spend an hour shopping, prepare to pay for your drivers time.

Sandra's been in business longer, but it really doesn't matter.. they are all professional with decent vehicles and good service.

www.sandrastaxibahamas.com

Atlanta, Georgia
7 posts
Save Reply
43. Re: just booked van service from Cheryl Ferguson, any comments?

If you choose to use Cheryl, her information is below. We used her last week and I cannot say enough good things about her!! She was wonderful!

www.cherylbahamastaxiandtours.com

Orlando, Florida
1 post
Save Reply
44. Re: just booked van service from Cheryl Ferguson, any comments?

We used Cheryl and agree with the vast majority of reviews---Outstanding service, on-time, and great with kids. I sent an email for quotes, and she confirmed all details promptly and was waiting with a huge smile and our son's name on her board (His birthday trip). She gives great info on the way to/from the hotel, and many good tips on saving money/time (most already found on TripAdvisor). She took us to a grocery store which saved us big bucks, and allowed us to pick produce as we heard some not so great reviews on that area from online service (otherwise good). As it was Sunday evening, most liquor stores had closed, but she took us to the "last chance saloon," and we were able to get exactly what we needed at very reasonable rates (was actually same or cheaper than duty free). She confirmed pick up time day before departure, and provided same great service to the airport. She had at least two baby seats and a booster in the back of the van we were in, so I think she could provide whatever you need as long as you request in advance. She was very clear that she is not related to Sandra, she has been in the business 20+ years, and Craig is her husband reviewed positively as well. She has very high standards for all her drivers, all wear uniforms, and are trained to exceed expectations. Take the time to stop at the grocery store and liquor store as they will save you big bucks as Atlantis is expensive! (For what it is worth, we stayed at the Reef which was very nice, great service, and each suite has a kitchenette which we made breakfast and some lunches). The mini fridge did not have a great freezer, so we kept ice cream bars in freezer at main desk.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
751 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: just booked van service from Cheryl Ferguson, any comments?

always brings a ice cold cooler of Kalik ;-) on request no probs here--even tho I get a free shuttle to Riu, much rather go this route :-))

texas
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: just booked van service from Cheryl Ferguson, any comments?

How much are you expected to tip if the fare is $40 and she stopped at the grocery store?

47. Re: just booked van service from Cheryl Ferguson, any comments?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 1:22 pm, September 09, 2013
California
Level Contributor
181 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: just booked van service from Cheryl Ferguson, any comments?

We used Sandra Fergeson. Her son was waiting for us with a sign at the airport. Nice fellow. The deal was 40 from airport to hotel, 35 from hotel to airport. We liked him so we tipped 50 to the hotel.

Right on time, at departure, Sandra sent a proxy to pick us up. This girl was not a sociable, but she was on time and got us to the airport. Agreement was 35, so we paid 40.

The bottom line is that the taxis work well. We liked a few other taxi drivers along the way. Brenda, who we met just outside Harborside (the hotel next door) was the best-- she drove us to Ardastra Garden. We loved her, but we couldn't call her because our cells would cost too much outside the USA.

An the other hand, we had a taxi driver, drive us from the Fish Market to Harborside. Along the way he stopped to pick up another fair. Not that big a deal, we just didn't tip.

Florida City...
5 posts
Save Reply
49. Re: just booked van service from Cheryl Ferguson, any comments?

This forum and question is about Cheryl Ferguson, she is NOT related with Sandra and has nothing to do with her, it may be just a coincidence the last name, but Cheryl Ferguson has a great reputation in the Bahamas!

I keep on using her outstanding service every time I go to Nassau. She's professional, has the newest vans to serve, is punctual, waits you with a cold drink and know all the tips you need when visiting Nassau. She and her husband Craig provide the best Taxi service I've ever used in Nassau, so please, don't confuse Cheryl with Sandra, and don't hesitate in using Cheryl's services when visiting Nassau, you won't be disappointed at all, on the contrary, you'll be looking forward to go back !!

You can write Cheryl for quotations and she'll reply immediately: cherylfoxferguson@live.com

You can also see her services and pic of her van on her website:

cherylbahamastaxiandtours.com/15-seater-taxi…

Watchung, New Jersey
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
50. Re: just booked van service from Cheryl Ferguson, any comments?

We booked round trip transportation with Cheryl Ferguson, we arrived on Saturday morning, and were greeted as soon as we exited the airport. At that time we arranged our pick up time for Monday at 10;00amOur taxi arrived within minutes. The driver had great knowledge of the island and we felt we booked with the right company. On Monday we were in front of the hotel and no one showed or called us to advise there was an issue. We called and they said that someone should have been there at 10:00am. We waited until 10:25 and still no show or phone call.