We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

diving/snorkeling and other excursions on paradise island

chicago
1 post
Save Topic
diving/snorkeling and other excursions on paradise island

my husband and i are going on our honeymoon 11/12-11/15/05 to riu paradise island we were suppossed to go to cozumel but thanks to hurricane wilma we had to change. neither of us have ever been to the bahamas so i have a few questions. my husband is a diver, any suggestions on any good dive operations. i am going to snorkel for the first time and i'm a little scared any good snorkeling excursions for the beginner. also any other excursion suggestions. we are really excited and want to have options over 7 days. can you also give us price ranges if you know. thank you hope to hear from someone soon.

Chicago
Level Contributor
130 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: diving/snorkeling and other excursions on paradise island

Plenty of diving and snorkel options on PI and on New Providence Island (NPI).

The best equipped outfit which does both snorkel and scuba is Stuart Cove and if you follow the link you will get a price list.

http://www.stuartcove.com/

All the operators from across the bridge from PI will come pick you up so whether you choose an outfit from PI or over the bridge is irrelevant.

One word of caution and one word of encouragement.

You float in salt water so it is quite easy even for a first-timer to snorkel. In fact, it is easier to snorkel in deeper water because if you have trouble clearing water out of your snorkel from a prone position you can do it from an upright position in deeper water (your feet won't hit and damage the coral).

Now the word of caution. If you want to do a snorkel on a trip where your husband can dive then call ahead and ask about the possible locations because where snorkeling becomes difficult for a novice is where the water has some chop and most dive locations where you can also snorkel may have some chop. When you get on island call ahead to the operators (there will be plenty of brochures at your hotel) and see if there is a dive/snorkel trip where the snorkeling meets your level of comfort.