We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RIU Paradise Island in April - Is it crowded?

NC by way of NJ
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
RIU Paradise Island in April - Is it crowded?

I am planning a family trip next April 2006 (Easter break) but I'm afraid that it might be crowded with spring break kids. Can anyone tell me if this is true? We want a nice relaxing vacation and dont want to deal with drunk college kids.

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,514 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RIU Paradise Island in April - Is it crowded?

Spring Break will still be in full swing in April. Tons of kids, mostly partying. RIU employees try to keep a handle on it, but it's SPRING BREAK. College kids come here to Party.

NC by way of NJ
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RIU Paradise Island in April - Is it crowded?

Thanks Scubagirl.. What month do you recommend for a family of 13 with ages ranging from 5 to 70 yrs old? We dont like the rowdy atmosphere. We want a nice quiet relaxing time.

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,514 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RIU Paradise Island in April - Is it crowded?

For me.. the best time is May. It's after spring Break and before the "family vacation time". Late May you'll have some gradutation partying, but for the most part it's much quieter and the weather is very pleasant.

NC by way of NJ
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RIU Paradise Island in April - Is it crowded?

How is weather in August? I know its hurricane season. How has the weather been these past few years? Is it crowded?

NC by way of NJ
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RIU Paradise Island in April - Is it crowded?

I also would like to know the weather in July. We are debating on either going in July or August. Is it very crowded?