We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nobu Dress Code

Florham Park, New...
Level Contributor
229 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Nobu Dress Code

Can men get away with nice shorts sitting at the bar at Nobu?

Tampa, Fl
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nobu Dress Code

That's a bit casual....they used to list on their web-site but I am not seeing it anymore???

In any case I recommend resort casual....I would stick to long pants in the evening unless going to the buffet or very casual spot.....Atlantis in the evening is a bit more dressy.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nobu Dress Code

Two of my sons (22 and 17) had on Kaki shorts and polo shirts and sat and ate at the bar at Nobu. I had on a tank dress with dress sandals. It was all acceptable. There were a few patrons in the restaurant that were a little more dressed up, but most were in the same catagory as we were.

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nobu Dress Code

Last time we were there quite a few men at the bar were wearing khaki short and either golf shirts or hawaiian/bowling shirts. Noone seemed out of place.

Tampa, Fl
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nobu Dress Code

Things must of got a bit more casual...I remember seeing people formal not long ago in the evening...and not just one or 2 couples but many....maybe those days are over???

I do know that when i went to Cafe Martinique a couple years ago, long pants were REQUIRED....I remember this because someone in our party actually had to go down to the lobby and buy a pair...all they had were shorts.

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nobu Dress Code

Nobu bar has gotten a little more lax since it's original opening. I'm not saying beach attire, but I've seen country club casual for men at the bar.

Women are almost always in capris or a sundress. Some even dressier.

Tampa, Fl
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nobu Dress Code

Ya gals can always get away with everything...lol

Rochester,NY
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nobu Dress Code

When I was there in April 2008 my family was jonesing for some Nobu sushi for dinner so we showed up in our casual garb (shorts and nice button down shirt) and asked if we looked presentable enough for dinner. They said sure and in we went. Two things - we ate very early, maybe 5-5:30 and it was a little slow at that time so I think they valued the revenue over the dress code.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
608 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Nobu Dress Code

When we were there last summer I wore a sundress and hubby and two teen boys wore nice shorts and button up tops and sandals....no problem whatsoever.

9. Re: Nobu Dress Code

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, November 16, 2009