We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Headed to Ocean Club in two weeks...

California
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Headed to Ocean Club in two weeks...

Headed to the Ocean Club in two weeks for my wife's 50th BDay. At this point we don't have any plans other than laying around the pool/beach and vegetating. Maybe a little golf for me, some shopping or spa time for my wife. Personally when I'm on vacation, I hate schedules, I want to try to forget what day it is. From what I'm seeing on here it sounds like that's not possible at the OC unless you want to spend your time waiting for tables, golf, spa, etc. Am I blowing it by trying to relax too much?

If I'm forced to start making reservations at restaurants, any suggestions? Anyone have anything to say about the golf course?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
424 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Headed to Ocean Club in two weeks...

the ocean club is a smart choice if you want to relax. we spent eleven days there and more than once lost track of the time and what day it was. i made reservations for dinners and the spa and i am not the type that likes to do so but i am glad that we did. you can always have your butler change them when you arrive. we did not wait for one table the entire time we were there save for lunch one day at murray's. you can take your chances, but its a good idea to book ahead. the restaurants on the marina are gorgeous, cafe martinique is perfect for an anniversary. carmines is also beautiful, the food is excellent and it sits on a dock with million dollar yachts outside. for real romance we spent the night of our 25th anniversary on the beach just below the dune restaurant, this definately has to be booked in advance. it was beautiful with palm trees and tiki torches and oil candles. we booked it at sunset and it was absolutely gorgeous. the friday night barbeque at the ocean club was also wonderful. the spa needs to be booked also, definately worth it, we visited the spa numerous times and were treated like royalty. beautiful outdoor villas attached to the treatment room with a day bed and jacuzzi. wonderful people and a wonderful relaxing place. we do not golf but did see plenty of people going back and forth. the clubhouse restaurant sits on the golf course and at sunset is breathtaking. we will definately be going back. relax and enjoy yourself, you cannot go wrong at the ocean club...and congratulations on your 50th!