We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantis--Best Room Rates

Texas
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Atlantis--Best Room Rates

Hi All,

We are already looking in to our vacation for next year. We are thinking of going to Paradise Island at the end of May. We had always wanted to stay at the Atlantis, but the regular prices are ridiculously high.

We were thinking of doing Comfort Suites to save a lot of money.

But, since I have started reading all these forums, I see people got some more than decent prices at the Atlantis.

Was wondering if you can all share your "tricks". If you are happy with your rate and method of booking please share the details. I.E. how far in advance you booked, who you booked through, what rate per night and how many nights are you staying?

Appreciate your help!

Natalie

Arlington, VA
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantis--Best Room Rates

Atlantis controls all its prices, so if they are offering a discount, most providers can as well. But providers don't really have the ability to offer deals on their own.

The best way is to book through Atlantis itself, either online or over the phone, since other providers might charge you if you make reservation changes. After you have a reservation, keep an eye on Atlantis' website and in newspapers to see if they have a special, and re-book at lower rates. Even if they offer a special, like the recent Travel Zoo special, you have to book through Atlantis and give them the discount code (which was only good for a specific period).

May is a peak time, so I wouldn't get my hopes too high for any specials or discounts. Occupancy has been over 90% for the second quarter (April-June), so they don't need to offer discounts.

Texas
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantis--Best Room Rates

Thanks Wisconsin,

I thought through June was lower season as the children are still in school??

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,486 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlantis--Best Room Rates

Most schools in the US are out in late May, June is filled families and Grad parties (spring Break mentality) etc.

Low Season is the shoulder season after spring break and before June 1st.. and from Labor Day to Thanksgiving Week.

There's also a few weeks after the New Year before Spring break starts. Mid Jan - Mid Feb. (this can be a bit cold for some)

Texas
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlantis--Best Room Rates

Our kids get out in the end of May, however most schools get out in the end of June. I was hoping to leave right after school and maybe get a cheaper rate.

Scuba Girl--who do you use to book your bahama trips??

NY
Level Contributor
138 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlantis--Best Room Rates

Hi travelingfromTX,

I would suggest signing up at Travelzoo.com. They will send you e-mails about discounts.

They just posted a code for a discount rate for the Atlantis with arrival in August. You book directly with the Atlantis and just tell them you are booking the travelzoo room discounts (they didn't ask me for the code, but you should have it anyway.)

However, I know they posted the same discount with arrival in May as well. I believe it was for arrival on 5/22 or 5/23. I don't know if this discount will be given again for next May, but it is worth keeping track of the discounts offered. They offered $99/beach tower (a family of 5 would have to get 2 rooms - we wanted 2 rooms for the 4 of us to be more comfortable), & discounts for Coral tower water views and Royal tower harbor views.

Good luck.

here and there
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,486 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Atlantis--Best Room Rates

travelingfromTX.

I use Travelocity and travelzoo to "INFORM" me when things change. When I find a good deal to Nassau, I buy several sets of tickets I just got NJ to NAS for $163 r/t.. and earlier this season $203. My life is pretty flexible, so I usually travel mid week and shoulder or off season.

Once I know the pricing has gone down, I check all travel sites like Orbitz, Expedia, Cheaptickets etc, PLUS all the airline sites. I also use Liberty Travel for trips to unfamiliar places.

I do my research online, then contact my TA and ask her to get a better deal.. or book what I've found. That way.. I have someone to fall back on if I get in trouble in Italy, Spain or elsewhere.

For travel overseas, I use my friends in Europe to book the european legs of my travel. They are far cheaper and more available to those living over there. I get a cheap flight to London or Paris.. and then quick $99 flights to wherever else I want to go. I'm a pretty thrifty traveler.

Of course, I also use FF miles, and use them for off season.. more bang for the buck.. and easier to get seats.

Texas
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Atlantis--Best Room Rates

Thanks both--I did register at Travelzoo. We're a family of 4 so we can get away with 1 room.

Scuba girl--you mentioned low flights but to Paradise Island do you book your rooms on line to, or just through the hotel?

Where do you usually stay.

here and there
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,486 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Atlantis--Best Room Rates

I have a house in Nassau and my SO is native.. so if I have to book a hotel for friend/family etc., I book direct to get a "local" discount.

I have, in the past booked online without a problem, but again, using Liberty Travel can make a difference if things go wrong. Just one call.. and everything is in order.

The only time I book online is when it's a web fare, or web rate, that can't be match by the TA.