We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help about Atlantis - amusement park, hotel, what?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
776 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Need help about Atlantis - amusement park, hotel, what?

Hello -

I've never been to Paradise Island, so I am confused about what Atlantis is (and the fact that there are multiple hotels called "Atlantis this or that" doesn't help.

My nine-year old son sees the commercials and loves the water-park aspect of Atlantis. But do we have to stay in a particular hotel to get into "Atlantis" (if so, which ones specifically), or can we stay at any hotel on the island and buy day passes to the water park/aquarium etc?

And if we can buy day passes, does anyone know the cost?

SW Virginia
Level Contributor
257 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help about Atlantis - amusement park, hotel, what?

The Atlantis is huge, and consists of several separate hotels--the Beach towers, the Coral towers, the Royal towers, the Reef and the Cove. They are all different levels of swankiness. If you book there be sure you know which one you are staying at so the cab will know which one to drop you off at! If you want to save some money stay at the Comfort Suites right across the street--they have full Atlantis access. If you stay elsewhere you can get into the Dig (the aquarium complex in the Royal Towers) for about thirty dollars. If you want to use the water park a day pass is about 100 dollars.

Ocean View, Delaware
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help about Atlantis - amusement park, hotel, what?

Go to Atlantis.com and any hotels there will give you full access to the amenities--or you can stay at Comfort Suites which includes use of all amenities==daily passes are generally $135 per person a day so if you stay somewhere else you need to add that in to your costs. A 9 year old will love most of what is there although a few of the water features might be scary--

Right now they are running a special for a limited time that also includes a dolphin encounter.

There is so much to do there that one day pass may not be enough so take that in to consideration when comparing prices.

CHICAGO
Level Contributor
504 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help about Atlantis - amusement park, hotel, what?

Hey pussuskattus-

I just got back on Wewdnesday. It was just me and my ten year old daughter!!

I highly suggest staying at the Comfort Suites. We were able to get a deal for 4 nights for $650 and you get all the access that a Atlantis guest gets.

I wouldn't recommend getting day passes because one day just is not enough time to enjoy it.

If your son likes adventure and water slides.. He would love them at Atlantis.

I couldnt pull my daughter out of the water park...

Hope that helps

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
776 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help about Atlantis - amusement park, hotel, what?

Thanks, everyone. Sounds like, if we want to spend much time in the water park, etc., that we should stay at one of the hotels that includes access to that as part of the room rate ($100+ per person per day is so steep as to be almost unthinkable!) Appreciate everyone's help.

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,803 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help about Atlantis - amusement park, hotel, what?

One thing to note: my understanding is that they have a limited amount of "day passes" so on some days, they're not available at all.

midwest
Level Contributor
2,736 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help about Atlantis - amusement park, hotel, what?

I agree with the Comfort Suites. The Atlantis is a resort. The different names ,( Cove, Royal, Coral,etc) is just different locations. They start with basic and work their way up to very nice. All with a nice price tag. Read the fine print. There are a lot of per person, per night surcharges. When I added them up for my family, it was several hundred dollars extra. In fact, when I added up and compared, we saved over $1500 by staying at the Comfort Suites and still did all the same stuff.

We booked the Comfort Suites through Expedia. ALL of our per person, per night surcharges were included in our rate. No surprises. It also includes free contintental breakfast. It is a short walk across to the Atlantis.

For example: If you are staying at the Drury Inn down by the Edward Jones Dome.......it is a much CLOSER walk to the Atlantis than that.

The Comfort Suites is very similar to a CS here at home. The one thing I found odd, was the tile floor. Here, we're use to carpet, but I can't imagine getting all that sand out of it. Our room was very clean always.

We slept in (8:00 am), ate breakfast at the FREE continental breakfast at CS, and then went to the Atlantis. Sometimes we were too early and things weren't open yet, so we wandered and looked around - the shark rope bridge, the dig aquarium, all the habitat stuff. We picked up our wristband passes & towels and picked out our spot for the day. We spent almost every day there, either doing the slides & river, or on the beach. We took in Club Rush, the pottery studio, movie theater, etc too. A few days we ventured out for excursions. We came to the Bahamas for the clear water , beach, & sunshine. We got exactly what we wanted.

Hope to go again this summer ! We will stay at the Comfort Suites again.

7. Re: Need help about Atlantis - amusement park, hotel, what?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, October 12, 2009