We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

at the ocean club right now, forget heaven, this is it

New Jersey
Level Contributor
424 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
at the ocean club right now, forget heaven, this is it

what a glorious place, been here since monday and we are enjoying every minute of it, there is not a single thing wrong here, everyone is wonderful, the grounds are magnificent, the food fabulous....my teens are in heaven, the atlantis glorious at night, not my cup of tea during the day, toooooooo crazy, but we are enjoying it at night....ill post a review when i get home..

Cafe Martinique
$$$$, French, Seafood, European
Bahamian Club
$$$$, American, Steakhouse, Seafood
Viola's Bar & Grill
$$ - $$$, American, Caribbean, Bar
NY
Level Contributor
138 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: at the ocean club right now, forget heaven, this is it

Thanks Albee, can't wait to read your review. Enjoy your vacation!

:)

Ontario
Level Contributor
95 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: at the ocean club right now, forget heaven, this is it

Hey Albee, you are soooo lucky! We stayed in Bahamas the first two weeks of July and loved it. We stayed next door at the Paradise Island Beach Club and Cabbage Beach is amazing. Did you go down to point (toward the golf course) to snorkel? If you haven't already, bring some bread, the fish will come up to you -- it's a feeding frenzy! Have fun!

Mentioned in this post
Bahamas
Bahamas
Caribbean
Paradise Island Beach Club
Paradise Island Beach...
190 Reviews
New Providence Island
Cabbage Beach
Cabbage Beach
866 Reviews
New Providence Island
here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,515 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: at the ocean club right now, forget heaven, this is it

CdnFamilyof6

Just wanted to jump in here and let you know that the POINT restaurant is the casual restaurant at the Harbourside Pool. The CLUBHOUSE is the restaurant at the Ocean Club Golf Course. I noticed you've mentioned this a couple of times and didn't want you to make the wrong reservation and be disappointed.

sg

Mentioned in this post
Ocean Club Golf Course
Ocean Club Golf Course
168 Reviews
New Providence Island
Ohio
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: at the ocean club right now, forget heaven, this is it

Albee, we are soooooooo jealous, have the best time and enjoy yourself. We will read your post when you return. Have a few sun rays for those of us stuck here!

Bridgewater, NJ
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: at the ocean club right now, forget heaven, this is it

We just got home from the Riu and had the time of our lives! This hotel comes highly recommended. We went with a group of 15 and the staff couldn't have been better to us. We thought the Steakhouse and buffet were top quality. The hotel is clean from top to bottom and the staff work hard to address any needs. We can't wait to go back again! Unbelievable place to go. I am going to plan our next trip as soon as possible. This was truly PARADISE!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
424 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: at the ocean club right now, forget heaven, this is it

we found the point the other day, glorious to say the least, we have quite a collection of beautiful shells, sea glass, sand dollars, etc...been here a week and i still have until thursday, cannot say enough about the local people, the staff, everyone is sooooooooo nice,,,,,havent had one bad meal, and the beach is to die for, they spritz us every day with scented evian water, cold towels, fresh fruit,,,,,,heaven on earth....talk to you guys when i get home...again, there is not a blessed thing wrong with this place....gotta get to that beach...

Riverside...
Level Contributor
85 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: at the ocean club right now, forget heaven, this is it

Albee- thanks for the wonderful updates. We will be staying at the Ocean Club in November. I was wondering, how is the butler service? Do you see him everyday, or just when you call him? I have heard varying reviews of this service. Also, we have reserved a beachfront room in the Crescent Wing, is it really beachfront (walk out of room onto sand?) Any answers would be much appreciated! Have a wonderful rest of your vacation and can't wait to hear your full review- and pictures if you have them!!:)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
424 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: at the ocean club right now, forget heaven, this is it

upon arrival our butler was here to greet us. we have a total of three taking care of us. when one has a day off, the other is in charge. we celebrated our 25 anniversary and our butler drew a bath for us and set up our room with about thirty candles, fresh flower petals spelling out our names on our bed, towels sculptered into kissing doves, it was amazing.....he did a great job and continues to light our candles for us at night.....it was glorious. they have gone into town for us to purchase snorkels, arranged dinner reservations, gave us tips on shopping and restaurants, and i could go on and on...they are wonderful people, and i must say my husband has taken care of them in the tipping department....they deserve it. i have my two teens with me and they are having a ball with them. the beachfront rooms in the crescent wing are further away from the beach than the hartford which is where we are... i prefer the hartford wing, it is closer to the beach, it is smaller, a little more intimate and it opens to the courtyard which is beautiful..the view is amazing, every morning it is glorious, we see sting rays swimming in the early morning, and the sun rising on the grounds takes your breath away...the hartford wing rooms are beautiful, small but gorgeous, we connect with a foyer to our kids rooms....the maid comes by three times a day...we have fresh fruit every day, ice refills all day....will post a report when i get home...everyone who works here is graceous, courteous, personable....and i mean everyone....cannot go wrong here, just prepare yourself to spend money, but it is well worth it.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
424 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: at the ocean club right now, forget heaven, this is it

one other thing, the rooms are very very close to the beach but you do not walk out onto the sand, it is a one minute walk down to the beach....and what a beach it is ! the hartford wing sits closer to the beach than the crescent......they just built three beachfront villas which i took a look at and they are absolutely beautiful....