We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got back from......

Texas
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Topic
Just got back from......

Paradise Island....Stayed at Harborside, it was great! Very spacious, be sure to bring laundry soap, and a cookie sheet, we bought stuff to make nachos and ended up frying them... they were good.

Never waited very long for the shuttles to and from Atlantis and the driver were always very friendly.

AVOID DanKnowles transpartation at any cost!!! I cannot stress that enough..They picked us up from the airport...LATE they were to pick us up from our powerboat excursion.....VERY LATE and sent a van that held 8people and they were supposed to pick up 20.....they picked us up to take us back to the airport (we had already paid) VERY, VERY late they showed up with only room for 4 and needed to pick up 8.

Just get a cab they are all over the place.

Went on the powerboat excursion...$190.00 per person...kinda pricey, but well worth it. Staff was very helpful and nice, you feed the iguanas, sting-rays and sharks....we had about 15-20 sharks....very cool...the staff is very careful. Lunch was nice and snorkeling was fun (it was a drift snorkel)...oh and the boar that meets you is so ugly he's cute!

Mount Laurel, New...
Level Contributor
69 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just got back from......

Welcome back! Hope you had a good trip. I saw your & ScubaGirls posts on the Marina shops/restaurants. Any more detail to add? Just curious about the new stuff (I have a friend going to Atlantis in November and couldn't tell her anything about the new stuff. )

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just got back from......

Libertybelle,

I would love to stay at Harborside next year. Is it pretty much available or is it usually filled up? Are the condos smoking or non? The Atlantis website doesn't really give a good over view. Can you supply more details, such as will a one bedroom be enough room for 3 people, how are the deck views? Is there a pool and lounge? Where did you buy your food? I didn't get a chance to look at the grocery store in Hurricane Hole to see if they have meat, etc. Any info is greatly appreciated!

nj
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Just got back from......

I'll be staying there the first week of August (2 bedroom premium)

Here are the sites that I've found useful - hope this helps

www.starwoodvo.com/resorts/villafeatures.jsp…

http://www.harborsideresort.com/Default.htm

http://www.bahamasgo.com/restaurants.htm

Texas
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just got back from......

We stayed in a one bedroom villa and we were lucky enough to get a corner unit. They are alittle bigger. most all have balconies however alot of them just face each other. Our view was nice, over looking the harbor and the dock where you catch the boats to downtown. Fun to watch.

A van at harborside will take you to the "winn Dixie" to shop for groceries. They leave daily at 10:00am just let them know the night before that you wish to go so they know how many people they will be taking that day. The van was full when we went. We made breakfast twice and a steak and fries dinner one night. Be sure to check the expiration dates.

The pool?? Boy is there a pool!! It's big and never a problem getting a chair. They "close" at 7:00pm, but that really just means there will be no more lifeguard. We usually stayed and swam well after that.

The shuttles that take you to and from Atlantis come very frequently, never waited more than 5-6 min., but do the walk through the harbor at least once, the yacht's a great to look at.

We rented waverunners at Atlantis. Started out at $120.00 an hour, but finally ended up at $80.00 per hr. I have teenage boys so that was a must (haha)

There is a very small shop with limited grocery items next to the check-in desk. Avoid that if you can, very expensive ($6.95 for a bag of chips) plus they are independantly owned and don't take the room card to charge.

Make sure you get you dinner reservations at least a few days before you want to go. They book up fast.

Hope you have a great trip........It's sooooo beautiful there.

Texas
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Just got back from......

Oh yeah...and another thing....

Our 1 bedroom villa slept 4 comfortably. They two kids in the sleeper sofa and the bedroom for my husband and I.

The point restaurant is near the pool with a large bar. Must wear shirt (for guys) coverups for girls. They had singer there one night and a girl that had tried out for american idol they sang a few songs (she was great).

Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island