We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

construction work at atlantis??????

uk
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Topic
construction work at atlantis??????

We are travelling to atlantis in aug and are a little worried about the amount of construction work that is apparently going on!!! How bad is it? we are staying in the royal towers with waterview room,we are not going to be faced with a building site are we? Also, dose anyone have any idea what the weather will be like towrds the end of aug beg of sept?They say it is hurricane season but how bad will it get?will rain all day or jst 10 or 15 minute storms? please help !!!!!! cheers ppl!!!

paris
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: construction work at atlantis??????

I didn't stay at the Atlantis but I spent several days on the site a month ago and I think you'll be safe. I saw the construction work and it seemed far enough from the Royal Towers. I guess the waterview means overlooking the pool and facing the sea and in this case, I was there and couldn't hear any noise or see the building site from the pool or the beach. The compound is huge and I don't think it's gonna be a problem. Plus, I thought the new section of Atlantis would actually open by August, so all the construction work might be finished by then?

As for the weather, I dunno for sure, sorry. But from what I gathered hurricane season can mean anything from a lot of rain to no rain at all. While I was there the weather forecast was always inaccurate. All I know is that it can change pretty fast. Hope you'll enjoy your stay.

Va Beach,Va
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: construction work at atlantis??????

All construction will be behind you.Should be no problem in Aug,Rain is quick showers and late night thunderstorms quite refreshing actualy.Make dinner reservations now!!!!You will have a blast enjoy.

uk
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: construction work at atlantis??????

thanks for your response!!! how will i go about making my dinner reservations? should i call atlantis direct or can i do it online? which would you say were the best places to eat? its my wifes 22nd birthday while we are there, anyone have any suggestions? Thanks once again!!!!!!!!

Va Beach,Va
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: construction work at atlantis??????

Fathoms,Murrays,Five Twins(Dinner Jacket) and Mama Loos are my faves.Book on line at Atlantis web site.

uk
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: construction work at atlantis??????

would you book a meal plan?

Ontario
Level Contributor
95 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: construction work at atlantis??????

HI! We just got back yesterday and although we didn't stay at Atlantis we went through the grounds and it looks like construction is done. They are expanding out towards the old Club Med, but that should not effect you. We were on the island through Hurricane Dennis which passed to the west, but we did receive some rain, clouds and heavy winds in the evening, but it did not affect our vacation. The local weather called for rain everday while we were there, but they were short 10 minute storms (unbelievable) and then the sun came out and business as usual!

uk
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: construction work at atlantis??????

thanks, glad to hear it!!!!!!!!!!

Va Beach,Va
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: construction work at atlantis??????

I would not book a meal plan.Very limited,Construction on new tower is not complete it ,Has not even started.But once again it will not be a factor in your stay.Have a blast!!

new jersey
Level Contributor
124 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: construction work at atlantis??????

Apparently the biggest loss from the construction is use of the Cove Beach. We were very disappointed that we were not able to go there as everyone told us it was the nicest beach. We enjoyed ourselves enormously without it though and would't have even known there was construction other than that. Have fun.

uk
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: construction work at atlantis??????

Thanks alot for everyone who posted a reply, we cannot wait to go!!!!!!!!!!!