We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradise Island with a 2 �� years old boy

montreal
Level Contributor
23 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Paradise Island with a 2 �� years old boy

Hello!

I���ll be staying with my husband & little boy at the ConfortSuite. I���m reading the meals are expensive. Is there a market near by where I could get some milk, fruit, and things to eat in the room for my little boy? Any advise for the boy, what about having a walk with the stroller after dinner? Any recommendations where to go for a nice walk? Is it safe at night? Should we avoid some areas? What about the buffets? Is it allowed to get in with a 2 �� years old boy? Is it too expensive ? Also we need to book another hotel for the first two nights, since the Confort Suite is expensive, I���m looking for a ���clean but cheap��� hotel near the beach or something interesting to see, like artist on the street, architecture, etc. Maybe downtown? Any suggestions? What about babysitting?I'm thinking of 2 hours sometime. Is it available at the hotel or atlantis? Is it safe?

Thanks a lot,

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradise Island with a 2 �� years old boy

Meals are pretty expensive, but there are ways to stretch a dollar. First off.. pass on dining at Atlantis. Pack some snacks, cookies, granola, juice boxes. They are very expensive. There is a grocery store in the nearby shopping plaza, but milk and groceries are quite expensive (milk runs about $6 a gal., chips about $4.79 (back home $1.79) Try the market downtown for fresh fruit, or over the bridge at Potters Cay to the open market.

There's plenty of options for lower cost dining. News Cafe is nearby, as is Zio Gigis, and Green Parrot. Even a Quiznos, and Dominos Pizza delivery. Arawak Cays Fish Fry has a dozen local restaurants with budget to moderate prices. You'll need a cab from PI, but it's walkable if you stay downtown. Conch Fritter is located downtown and is a fun spot at moderate prices. You can also stretch your budget with places like Cafe Skans (downtown) and Imperial takeaway (takeout bahamian food and burgers) which is also downtown.

http://www.bahamasgo.com/restaurants.htm

Since you're on Paradise Island, you should have no problem walking with a stroller day or nite. Not much to do at nite, except Atlantis, but it's very safe, none the less. You're hotel should be able to get a babysitter, but again, they will be a bit expensive. Sitters at Atlantis get $15 a hour. That's pretty much the norm.

If you are looking for a cheaper hotel, you might look into Nassau Beach Hotel located on the beach at Cable Beach, or a modest hotel downtown like El Greco. El Greco is privately owned and located downtown. Public beach is across the street.

Downtown is interesting and lively during the daytime, but not at nite.

Email me directly if you need further details.

scubagirrl@yahoo.com

montreal
Level Contributor
23 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paradise Island with a 2 �� years old boy

Thank you very much Scubba girl. Your answer is very appreciated.