We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scuba Girl .. or anyone who has been.............

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
72 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Scuba Girl .. or anyone who has been.............

On our vacation in July we are going to take a sunset sail & a snorkeling trip...... I have narrowed the companies down to 3... Barefoot sailing.......Flying Cloud and Stuarts Cove... Scuba girl or anyone who else who may have been or has advice..... Which in your oppinon would be the most beneficail trips for Snorkling and which in your oppinon would be more benefical for sunset sailing? It is me and my husband and 2 girls ages 7 & 17... If you could give me your best advice on this I would appreciate it....

Thank you in advance..

Christi

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,475 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scuba Girl .. or anyone who has been.............

All three of the companies that you mention are great choices. They are all very popular and staff professional and personable.

Barefoot Cruises and Flying Cloud both go the same location just off Rose Island. These tours are fun, and a bit social.. having fun.. while on the boat, is as important as the snorkeling itself.

Stuart Coves is a bit different.- although I've always had a good time on their boat.. but it's not meant to be a social event. it's meant to take you to your destination. That said - the areas that Stuart Cove goes to are more exciting for an advanced snorkeler or diver and they usually include a shark dive (snorkeling above the sharks) on their afternoon dive.

So... if an adrenaline rush is what you want.. opt for stuart cove. If a great reef dive at the sea gardens is all you seek, they either Barefoot or Flying Cloud would do the trick.

For the evening.. I think barefoot is more "intimate" - Flying Cloud more fun. With your kids.. I'd choose Flying Cloud.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of these tours.. have a great trip.