We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roaches?!

With my nose in a...
Level Contributor
776 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Roaches?!

Just read the latest Riu review and the posted mentioned "a couple of Roaches" in their room.

Haven't seen this is any other review anywhere?! Can anybody confirm or comment on this? I will FREAK if I see a roach in my room!

toronto
Level Contributor
138 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Roaches?!

I just read that same review and will cringe if I see roaches in the room.. Maybe this was an isolated incident, but we leave on Sunday so hopefully no roaches will be in our room....

GTA Toronto
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Roaches?!

OK now I'm worried. I can handle just about anything BUT the bride!!!!!! She'll just about...no she will have a fit if she see's a roach in the room. This is not good and may spoil my visit. Has anyone seen or heard of bugs in the room? Should I bring spray? Ants and spiders are my specialty...how do you kill a roach fast? Never had them.

With my nose in a...
Level Contributor
776 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Roaches?!

Sun lover will you please post on your return and ease our minds about this? It's the only mention I have ever seen of a Roach there and believe me I scoured the web for info before booking.... Lets hope the reviewer was mistaken...

toronto
Level Contributor
441 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Roaches?!

I think whoever wrote that was out to lunch. The rest of his comments were also over the top.

We just returned and could not fault the hotel.

Yes sometimes you may have to wait 5 mins for the elevator but we were on the penthouse floor so only 1 of the 3 elevators goes to the top but we didn't really see a problem and my husbands has no patience and he didn't complain.

Everything about the hotel was fab. Entertainment wasn't the best but it depends what you are looking for. We always ate around 9:00 so I think we missed the main part of the show.

With my nose in a...
Level Contributor
776 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Roaches?!

Thanks suses for the reassurance! Any tips or info for a great stay?

toronto
Level Contributor
441 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Roaches?!

Don't stress out if you have to wait for elevators. I think the time seems longer when you make a big deal out of it.

Take the time to line up for the specialty restaurants. Food at the gourmet was awesome and if you appreciate talent you must go to the Japanese restaurant and listen to the chef.

We stood in line at 8:30 and usually were booked by 8:45. It's only 15 mins and you usually get chatting to someone so the time goes by fast. Later seating is easier to get than the early one.

The staff are so friendly.

GTA Toronto
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Roaches?!

Missing the obvious���bet we are talking about the wrong type of roach. It���s not the bug type.

With my nose in a...
Level Contributor
776 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Roaches?!

I don't know havetogetabreak......did you read the review?

Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Roaches?!

Spent a week there recently and never saw bugs of any kind in the room. We even slept with the windows open at night and never saw any. Don't worry, go and enjoy.

With my nose in a...
Level Contributor
776 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Roaches?!

Thanks for the info broojon! How was your stay? Any tips for a visit to the Riu?