We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fast Ferry to Harbour Island

Maryland
12 posts
Save Topic
Fast Ferry to Harbour Island

We missed out last time, but on this trip we'd like to take the fast ferry for the day trip to Harbour Island. Has anyone taken this trip? Is it two hours from Nassau to Harbour Island? And last question - is it better to stay overnight than to cram everything into the day trip?

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fast Ferry to Harbour Island

The trip takes a little over two hours and is really quite nice. Whether or not you stay depends on how much time you have. The out sland are very different from Nassau/PI. Not much nitelife, but it's very relaxing and a great experience

If you have the time and $$$.. I'd certainly recommend you stay on harbour Island.

Maryland
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fast Ferry to Harbour Island

If I was traveling alone, I would make Harbour Island my only stop. I saw a picture of the island and felt an almost physical pull to the place. But I'm traveling with a teenager, so there is that attempt at compromise:) What I'd like to do is split the week. I guess I need to start scouring for some rates for both and maybe consider either Bahama House or Coral Sands. Do you know anything about the Barrett's Seashell Inn (I think that's what it's called. After the cold Maryland winter, I just need to be near a beach!:) Thanks for any suggestions

new jersey
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fast Ferry to Harbour Island

i had taken this trip about 2 years ago to harbour island..the beaches are beautiful !! pink sands..we didnt stay the night just for the day with is so worth it..we rented golf carts for 35 $ for the whole day which is around 6 hours..it takes 2 hours from paradise island to harbour island..they have a shuttle that picks you up at your place and than onto the marina..you have a short stop at spanish wells, than onto harbour island..just alittle advice depending on how you are on sea, the best place to sit is the top less rocking..also on the ferry are snacks and drinks..take a camera the senery is wonderful !! when i went it was 90 dollars roundtrip..just for the ferry.i think it maybe 120 or so with a meal now..but im sure the hotel you are staying with will be more than happy to help you with the arrangements

Maryland
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fast Ferry to Harbour Island

Thank you so much for the information. I'm counting the days until July!