We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantis - March or April?

Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Atlantis - March or April?

We're going to be at WDW Florida for a week the end of March.

We want to do Atlantis as well for about 5 days, and trying to decide if the first week of April is better or worse than middle of March.

I'm worried March might be too cold to swim (especially with a little baby we're gonna have).

On the other hand April 1st is Easter so it might be super crowded.

Thoughts?

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
20,264 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantis - March or April?

Sorry to tell you your week at Disney (spring break/week before Easter) is the second most crowded time of year there (second only to Christmas/NY week). For weather I would go with the first week of April, but probably won't be that much different than a couple of weeks before, so would go with whatever works best for you :)

on the move
Level Contributor
567 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantis - March or April?

Here's a list of SPRING BREAK weeks. They run from Feb thru mid-April.

https:/…when-is-my-spring-break

Easter is April 1st.

Spring Break is over crowded with underage drinking and party atmosphere.

Easter is overcrowded with families with cranky kids.

Mid march the water is still chilly.

Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlantis - March or April?

Yeah we had no choice with the Disney dates due to other parties joining us.

Looks like there are spring breaks covering most of March and April, so not sure I can avoid?

Is the water swimable in Nassau in April or will it be too chilly to get in the water?

Wooster, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlantis - March or April?

We are timeshare owners at Harborside at Atlantis and we are there almost every year during "week 9" which starts the very end of Feb or the beginning of March. Week 9 is the first week of spring breakers so it's still relatively quite. It's sometimes a bit chilly in the evenings, but I can count on one hand, the number of days I have had to wear a light weight long sleeve opened blouse over a tank top in the last 9 years.

Wooster, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlantis - March or April?

Adults and young kids can tolerate the water, not sure about babies.

6. Re: Atlantis - March or April?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 28, 2018