We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery delivery

Charlotte, North...
9 posts
Save Topic
Grocery delivery

Has anyone ever used Nassau Grocery to have groceries delivered to Atlantis? (Staying at the Reef). We usually use Food Store 2 Go but their web site appears to be down. I want to make sure Nasau Grocery is a good alternative.

Thanks!

11 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
81 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grocery delivery

I haven't used Nassau Grocery but I wanted to share that you can get most grocery basics from the sundries store in the lobby of the Reef. We actually stopped using FoodStore2Go as we could get everything we needed downstairs and often for less money. Items like bread, butter, milk, eggs, cheese, yogurt, snacks, water, etc. are all available plus quite a bit more. The only thing they don't carry is fresh fruit which we ended up getting as/when required at other places on property.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grocery delivery

Do you remember how much a case of water was?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
81 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grocery delivery

I didn't purchase a case of water and I'm not sure that they even offer cases. They do offer large chilled bottles though which is what we bought to supplement the bottles of Dasani water left in our room. FYI, you may only get two bottles of Dasani upon check in, but our housekeeper always ended up leaving 4-6 bottles each day after that.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Grocery delivery

Looks like prices are listed:

https:/…

Charlotte, North...
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Grocery delivery

Thank you. That's good to know about the sundries shop. Do you remember prices being similar to Foodstore2go? I thought they were quite a bit higher but the delivery fee might make it net out. I loved the convenience of having everything delivered but am a little hesitant to use Nassau Grocery without any recommendations.

Ocean View, Delaware
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grocery delivery

I have not used them but you might also ask your taxi driver to stop? My driver does stop for me. I was there recently and paid $6.50 for a quart of milk in the lobby sundry shop at Harborside.--just needed it for some cereal we bought.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
81 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grocery delivery

The pricing in the sundries store was about the same as FoodStore2Go for everything but water if I recall correctly. Water was potentially less expensive via FoodStore2Go given that you could purchase it by the case.

1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Grocery delivery

Island grocers of Bahamas will deliver the same day for a small fee (less than $10 US). The customer service is wonderful. They are very easy to deal with and the ordering process can all be done online. A representative even contacted me personally via email to ensure all went smoothly. I highly recommend! Cynthia especially was so helpful.

North Carolina
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Grocery delivery

If you happen to be staying at Harborside resort, I encourage you to check in with the front desk staff about their daily shuttle to Solomons Fresh Market. In my opinion their rates were much better than the sundries store at the lobby of harborside resort. Solomons is as close to a Whole Foods market as you can get at Paradise Island. Plus, there is a liquor store in the same shopping center should you want to buy your own. Their prices are less than mini liquor store behind Anthony's ... and it doesn't feel as sketchy walking in there.

Edited: 1:05 pm, August 06, 2017
SHELTON CT
Level Contributor
133 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grocery delivery

We usually walk there from Harborside. Bring a backpack for groceries, wine, liquor. Grab a Bud suitcase. Get a Starbucks ice coffe for the walk back. It's a bit of a hike but if I go early it's less hot. Then ur not on the shuttle schedule. The grocery store is just like home, even has a bakery.

Reply to: Grocery delivery
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted