We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All Inclusive: Rui Paradise Island vs. Holidy Inn ;HELP!

houston, texas
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Topic
All Inclusive: Rui Paradise Island vs. Holidy Inn ;HELP!

I will be going in August 2005:

Has anyone been to either places? Was wondering how far is Holiday Inn from the Atlantis and does Holiday Inn include the restock of the mini bar in the rooms?

What are the pros/cons for each place? I heard Rui does not have NON-motorized sports does Holiday Inn? and the cleanness?

Thanks.

New Jersey
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: All Inclusive: Rui Paradise Island vs. Holidy Inn ;HELP!

Hi - I stayed at Holiday Inn in February with 2 children, my friend and her daughter stayed in Rui. Holiday Inn was geared more for the kids. Everything at Holiday Inn was worth it - no mini bars in rooms. But unlimited drinks at the bars, 2 at a time - so stock up the beach bag - and put in room. The Rui does have the beach right there. From Holiday Inn its about a 5 minute walk. We actually took a cab one day and the taxi driver laughed at us - but took our money anyway. At the beach by Rui - cruise ship travelers come - so the beach nearby does get crowded. We're going back in May - this time we are all staying at Holiday Inn. The Rui is nice, elegant and very upscale, where the Holiday Inn seemed more of a relaxed atmosphere which I liked better. You can walk to Atlantis from Holiday Inn also, about same amount of time as beach walk. Non-motorized sports? Holiday Inn had things in they're beach area and scuba lessons in pool as well as other little boats for kids in pool. If traveling with kids - Holiday Inn would be the place to go. Hope this helps.

houston, texas
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: All Inclusive: Rui Paradise Island vs. Holidy Inn ;HELP!

Thanks Homemom for the respond. This will help since we are traveling in group of young teens and want to have a good time and in a budget also.

Do you happen to know if I wait till May/June to book my room and flight it will go down lower or will it increase on prices.

Thanks.

New Jersey
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: All Inclusive: Rui Paradise Island vs. Holidy Inn ;HELP!

Hi - when I went - took my 15 year old son and 5 year old daughter. Son enjoyed meeting friends (girls) at night and hanging by the pool. Both enjoyed the game room which is in the lobby, so I was able to hang out and drink a few with them close by. Holiday Inn was cheaper. Also found out the closer the trip is the higher the prices and seats on the flights you want might not be available. We booked early and got the non-stop flight we wanted. My friend booked close to departure date and flight was booked, also hotel - thats why she wound up in Rui.

Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island