We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving in 2days have questions

PA
Level Contributor
807 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Leaving in 2days have questions

I would like to take some small gifts along for the maid, Does anyone know it you get the same maid all wk. or different ones just so i don't give the same maid the same things 2 days in a row.? Sorry i'm going to the Radisson. How long after the airport are you on a bus to the resort? What kind of calling card should i use to call home to PA? I think thats it but if there anything else i'll be back. Thanks again Dallas1

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,478 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving in 2days have questions

As far as gifts are concerned, I usually suggest thing that YOU would like (since bahamians can get anything they want in the states) Things like Body lotion, Bath Gels etc, as well as chinese slipper, beaded changepurse etc are usually what I bring along.

You'll have to check with the staff to see if your maid will change, they have 2 days off a week, just like in the states.

This time of year... it's back to school.. I usually put together a couple of packets of school supplies (good pens, pencils, crayons, protractors etc) in a pencil case, for those who have kids or grand kids. Most have several kids, so a nice little tote of these items would be great. Make sure you add the "hello kitty" "spiderman" or Dukes of Hazzard type stuff. These items are available, but expensive to mom's who have several kids going back to school.

If you are taking a cab from the airport, the ride should be about 12/15 minutes, if you have a voucher, you'll wait to get filled up, then drop off at other locations along the way, this could take 30/40 minutes.

Pick up a Batelco calling Card in the souvenier shop and use it from the pay phones in the lobby. DO NOT USE ROOM PHONES.

Have a wonderful trip.. just relax and slow down, and you'll hae a terrific vacation.

Maryland
Level Contributor
100 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving in 2days have questions

We have stayed at the Radisson for the last 2 years and love it there. For the most part you will have the same maid except for her day off. as far as gifts for the maid, they would rather have money, if you have booked a package, then gradiuities are already included. It takes about 20 minutes to get to the Radisson from the airport. In Nassau you can buy an international calling card. If you charge any calls to your home number, there will be an add charge of $25.00 per call for going thru Batell [Bahamas Telephone Co]

While there check out the new Cafe Kalick - great food great service big drinks

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,478 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaving in 2days have questions

Gifts are not in lieu of cash.. they are in addition to cash. A nice way of saying a more personal thank you. I always leave an additional tip and a handwritten note with a gift.

Make sure leave a note and it's clear that the gift is for the maid... so she can't be accused of taking things from the room.