We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inclusive or Room only

New York
5 posts
Save Topic
All inclusive or Room only

I am just trying to work out what the deal is. I need to go to Nassau and am looking at staying at the Radisson Cable Beach which I have found to be about $80 for the room alone.

There are other options of accomodation at this hotel which cover (INCL MEALS,DRINKS,ACTIVITIES,TAXES,TIPS) for around $100 more making the total around $180.

I plan on living fairly frugally whilst there. If I take the Room only deal am I opening myself up to surprises on checkout (ie taxes, tips etc). If so how much are these?

Are there easily accessible and cheap food solutions outside the hotels or would you recommend that I stayed within the confines of the hotel?

Would I be better off to just go for the more expensive option? (ie cheaper in the long run.

Thanks

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,475 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All inclusive or Room only

It depends on what type of traveler you are.

If you are a resort type that stays in the resort all day.. then the all-inclusive is a good deal. If you intend to drink .. often.. then All- inclusives are a good deal.

If you're adventurous and want to explore Nassau, eat native, go out on tours and buy booze elsewhere (or don't really drink) then the AI can be restrictive and not a good deal.

Room taxes and tips should be listed on the website.

Taxes are 12% and there' are some additional mandatory charges which will add up to another $10-12 per person.

New York
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: All inclusive or Room only

Thanks for your speedy response.

Another question. I am actually heading over there to go to the US Embassy/Consulate. Is this a convienient accomodation with this is mind? If not...is there a better solution?

I believe the address of the Consular Section is this

42 Queen Street

Nassau, The Bahamas

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,475 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All inclusive or Room only

The Embassy is located downtown nassau.. easily accessible by $1 jitney from 6am to 7pm - after that.. a quick cab will carry you.

The #10 jitney can be picked up just outside your hotel, and drop you downtown on George Street (last stop), about 2 blocks from the Embassy.

Oregon
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: All inclusive or Room only

If you are not in the mood to leave the hotel, eating on the property is quite expensive and even more so next door @ Wyndham where a deli sandwich will run $13 and buffet breakfast was $18. On average including 2 alcoholic drinks, coffee 3-course dinner was $100. Avocados which is the only restaurant open at night in Radisson run avg $30/entree. $6/Beer.

We only ate out once on the road @ a local street vendor and it was $4/small rice bowl which was enough for an adult so that was cheap. Local restaurant prices on the main street are likely to be what you'd pay in NY and the $1 buses are a deal and very frequent.

5. Re: All inclusive or Room only

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, August 26, 2009