We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do Not Go To the Breezes!

tn, usa
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Do Not Go To the Breezes!

I was there during March 4-12 and had a horrible time! it may have been the time frame that i was there (spring break) but i know about 20 or so people that had food poisoning while there. The people working there were very nice though and the beach was good but everything else was horrible. The food was disgusting and anything that was edible was tasteless. If you want to have a relaxing time at a resort DON'T GO HERE. They shouldn't even call this place a "resort," it's more like a motel 6 that has an open bar all the time.(that would probably be actually nicer) the beach was nice but that was it, and i'm an ex college guy that has been to some pretty crazy and crummy places, but man, someone should have said something about this place being a dump. those days of being in "spring break mode" are over and all i wanted was a clean room, edible food, and a nice beach. this hotel only had the nice beach. stay somewhere else and save your money. pretty much all of the other hotels near the breezes looked the same quality too.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do Not Go To the Breezes!

That's too bad that you had such an awful time at Breezes. We were there the first week in March & had a wonderful time. We thought the food was delicious, our room clean & comfortable & the staff was just terrific. The "spring breakers" started arriving towards the end of our stay & that's when the resort doubled it's security. They kept everything under control and we found it just as peaceful as before the kids arrival. I think how a person feels about Breezes Resort is just a matter of personal opinion. There was a couple there & the husband liked everything about the resort but but the wife hated it. It's not the "ritz" but it is a comfortable, clean resort where you could hang out in barefeet & swimsuits & be catered too. I'd go back...I'd even bring my husband.

tn, usa
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Do Not Go To the Breezes!

that's nice that you had a good time. my group talked to a couple of people and it was just like your said; some hated it, and some were fine with it. The Breezes is a real hit/miss place. We totally missed with this place. I'll never go back and maybe not even to the island due to my experience.

Flourtown, PA
Level Contributor
174 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do Not Go To the Breezes!

I just returned from Breezes last night. I was there from march 10 - 14. I thought it was just fine. The pool is great, the beach is great, the food and alcohol were great, the staff is wonderful. Our room was clean, but it is does need a little updating. Springbreakers were there but they were very well behaved while outside (who knows that they did in their rooms), and most of them have chaperones with them. All in all, I thought it was great. All-inclusive is the way to go.

canada, ontario
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Do Not Go To the Breezes!

I think breezes is wonderful and Im going to return.

My husband and I are in our mid 40 s and are frequent travellers, so we have alot to compare it to. I was leary when I read all the bad things about the resort, and Ive got to tell you, it makes me wonder where all these bad reviews are coming from.We had a great time. Yes, the kids were loud, but they kindly changed our room,right away and it was fine. As far as the food being tasteless, I thought it was delicious. In the buffet, and the al a cartes too. I especially loved the garden of eden.

The workers bent over backwards for us. Its also how you treat them. I saw a few instances where the people staying at the resort were just plain rude. ( you have to give respect, to get it). You cant treat someone like dirt, and expect them to kiss your behind. Anyway, getting back to the resort. The beach was beautiful. Nice white sand, and the ocean was just plain breathtaking. We rented a sea-doo (first time) and what better place to do it. (you can bargain with them on the price)We had a blast. Done a few tours. The pirate museum, the catamaran, and THE POWERBOAT.

THE best tour we've ever done in all our travels. ( the powereboat) Yes its expensive, but its so worth the money. I will never ever forget it. We also purchased the tape taken while we were there, and glad we did. Very professionally done. Thank- you luke. I love it ! Got to go on the island with the iguanas and feed them. Then we were off to our little bit of paradise for the day. The lunch was super, and lots and lots of booze included. Its amazing when you start seeing all the sharks come to shore,..... feeding time. And you can get involved. Fed the stingrays too. Wow, big ! Made a couple friends while we were there. A wild bore, and wild bird that loved my drinks, and kept landing on my leg. If you want to check out my travel pics, go the www.webshots.com

click the community pic and in photo search put, luckyducky7

then click the webshots search. click the pic on the bottom right., and look at the bottom of the page. Click view luckyducky7 home page.

I know its alot of instuctions, but its worth it. I have alot of pics of the trip and resort. You'll see all the bad things are bolony.

D

tn, usa
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Do Not Go To the Breezes!

one of my friends that was in our group gave the perfect description of our experience at the Breezes: "what you would expect from a cheap, run-down cruize line." that's pretty much described our experience. i guess i wasn't expecting that when going there, i thought it would be a little bit nicer. allwell, next time i'll try something else. i'm sure people have a wonderful time there but it's just not for me. cheers.

rochester new york
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Do Not Go To the Breezes!

My husband and I and another couple went to Breezes Feb. 19-26. I loved the place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great food..(I don't know where you ate) The two restaurants were wonderful. Room was OK,staff outstanding,drinks even better,met lots of nice people,loved the bus into town,loved watching everybody participate in the activities, LOVED the sun everyday. I will surely go back. Only not in Feb. Water was a bit too cold for me. It is all in the "eyes" of the beholder.

greensboro, nc
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Do Not Go To the Breezes!

Luckyducky......great pictures.....thanks for the link... my wife and I are booked for 5 nights this June. I read these reviews where there will be like 5 great ones, then one really bad one. I've decided it must be because there's always complainers in the world, and some people are never happy. I don't know how unhappy you could be on a warm tropical beach with free-flowing booze!!

Missouri
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do Not Go To the Breezes!

Hey Luckyducky,

Great pics!!! I've been to Bahamas before (Radisson) and going back in August. Seeing pictures from others makes the anticipation of vacation even better. We have a group of 7 staying at Breezes. We are glad to see not everyone has something bad to say about the resort. We're not expecting the Ritz, we're just looking forward to a fun place to get away from the kids for a week.

Burlington...
Level Contributor
782 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Do Not Go To the Breezes!

Just got back last night from 8 days at Breeze's. It was FANTASTIC!!!!! I have no idea how people can put this resort down. Every part of the hotel was spotless, our room was beautful and so clean. If anything they cleaned the place too much. The pool and beach were immaculate. The entertainment was so much fun. There was so much to do there everyday! The food is what it is. We ate at the two restaurants and love the Garden of Eden atmosphere! The people who worked there were wonderful and so friendly, not even one person was ever rude to us. The drink was all TOP shelf liquor.

I'd go back in a heartbeat, but maybe not on Spring Break.

We had a wonderful memorable time, that we'll never forget.

Michigan
Level Contributor
17 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Do Not Go To the Breezes!

Lucky ducky, wonderful pictures, you put my mind at ease.

We are going for our Anniversary middle of April and had wondered about some of the postings. I'm sure we will have a great time! Thanks again. Karen from Michigan